Beware of fake cruise ship job scams! posted by Ron Swanson

6 posts on this topic, 1846 views

Post a Reply
Beware of fake cruise ship job scams! on February 28, 2014 @ 3:28 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Ron Swanson  
Dear Friends,

I just received yet another email from an obviously fake cruise ship job offer claiming to be from MSC Cruises UK (which is a legitimate company itself).

Before showing an example copy of the email below for your reference, please enlighten yourselves with the facts on how these scammers operate and visit http://www.cruiselinesjobs.com/another-cruise-ship-job-scam and then http://www.cruiselinesjobs.com/cruise-ship-jobs-scam

Basically just keep in mind; if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

So be careful, ensure you always do your due diligence and good luck in your music job searching.

All the best,
Rand

*Here's a copy of what I received

Attention:

MSC Cruises UK seek to contract the following musicians/Singer/artist:

DJ's
Blues
Classical Music
Country Music
Dance Music
Easy Listening
Electronic Music
European Music (Folk / Pop)
Hip Hop / Rap
Inspirational (incl. Gospel)
Asian Pop (J-Pop, K-pop)
Jazz
Latin Music
New Age
Opera
Pop (Popular music)
R&B / Soul
Reggae
Rock
Vocal
International & More.

On a one (1) month contract (Renewable) with salary amount of £28,600 GB Pounds.
Send your applications here (msc.contractjob@gmail.com) address to our:

HR Manager,
Capt. Mark Alison
MSC Cruises UK
Queens House, 55/56 Lincolns Inn Fields
London WC2A 3LJ UK

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Beware of fake cruise ship job scams! on February 28, 2014 @ 4:35 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Chad Philipps Chad Philipps is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*
Hi Rand,

Did this person send you a direct email only? Was there anything else that you saw on the site regarding this user?

We will do the best that we can to take care of this...

Best,

Chad

Re: Beware of fake cruise ship job scams! on February 28, 2014 @ 7:06 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by 'Sweet K' 'Sweet K' is currently offline. Click to send a message.
I received the exact same email....decided to Google msc cruises to check it out and their website said no recruiter from any professional company will send an email via q free email address, eg: yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc.. So check the sender before applying for anything!

Re: Beware of fake cruise ship job scams! on February 28, 2014 @ 9:53 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Chad Philipps Chad Philipps is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*
This person has been deleted from our database - Please let me know ASAP if something like this comes up again...

You can also reach me at support@musicianspage.com

Best,

Chad

Re: Beware of fake cruise ship job scams! on March 1, 2014 @ 4:32 amReport this post as inappropriate#5
by Ron Swanson  
[QUOTE id=9099 time=1393562122]Hi Rand,

Did this person send you a direct email only? Was there anything else that you saw on the site regarding this user?

We will do the best that we can to take care of this...

Best,

Chad

[/QUOTE]

Hi Chad,

I'm not aware of any connection between this particular email and Musicians Page. I just received this fake-job email out of the blue, like others from time to time.

It's inevitable to get these and other odds and ends occasionally if one has music profiles and ads scattered about online.

That's why I placed the notice on your General Forums; to help spread awareness of these potential problems. Here's another link worth reading too:

Again, don't trust anything on face value; when in doubt - check it out.

Cheers,
Rand

Re: Beware of fake cruise ship job scams! on March 1, 2014 @ 6:45 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6
Great Rand,

Yes, It's good that we address this - We try to keep on top of everything that we can and this definitely helps make Musicians' Page a better place.

Best,

Chad

Post a Reply