What PC to choose? posted by Matthew Stones

3 posts on this topic, 222 views

Post a Reply
What PC to choose? on January 10, 2017 @ 6:12 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Matthew Stones  

Greetings, all ye musicians!

I just want som advice and tips here. I want to make music, to write it down, and to record it. And now I am looking for a PC for this purpose. What should I look after, if the primary use only is music? I want to write music easily, and to make good recordings. Maybe also edit music videos (or, like; you know: Vids of me playing piano or guitar or bass or whatever). Are there any experienced musicians to help me here??

Thanks a lot!

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: What PC to choose? posted by Matthew Stones on January 18, 2017 @ 12:55 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Gustavo Woltmann Gustavo Woltmann is currently offline. Click to send a message.

For me I think anything with Quadcore and great Video/Sound Card will do. Here on our place Panama, we only use not iCore3 but we have a great sound card of course for the music. I think what matters is the software you are using in recording. You can also try to look for a publishers website of good recording software. Hope that helps. - Gustavo Woltmann

Re: What PC to choose? posted by Matthew Stones on January 28, 2017 @ 10:51 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by David Self David Self is currently offline. Click to send a message.

A lot depends on your budget. You also need to consider how many tracks you plan to record. If it is less than 10 then any of the current processors in the i5-i7 intel range should do fine. Are you just going to overdub your own instrument performances or do you plan on record multiple players? If the later you will need to look into the PC audio interface options for multi-track recording. You also need to consider getting low latency hard drive (big ie 2 Tb and fast ie 10K rpm). If you record at a 48K or higher sample rate you will eat up a lot of disk.

Post a Reply