Want to sing Billie Holiday style jazz/blues in Stockholm posted by Delphine Kirkland

3 posts on this topic, 376 views

Post a Reply
Want to sing Billie Holiday style jazz/blues in Stockholm on January 3, 2016 @ 12:17 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Delphine Kirkland Delphine Kirkland is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I'll be visiting Stockholm for 3 weeks in mid-January through early February and would like to sing with guitar players, pianist or band that plays jazz/blues from the era of Billie Holiday. Horns would be great. Other vocal interests include Nat King Cole, Chet Baker, Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, Louise Armstrong, Bessie Smith and Otis Redding.

Edited by Delphine Kirkland on January 3, 2016 @ 12:18 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Want to sing Billie Holiday style jazz/blues in Stockholm posted b on January 3, 2016 @ 4:50 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Marcin Bachorski Marcin Bachorski is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hello Delphine,

I am professional jazz guitar player (studied in Canada). I'm afraid, I won't be in Stockholm in January/February this year. However, I am looking for a female jazz vocalist to form a duet in order to work together through July and September this year. I am very much into the kind of music you specified in your message. Cheerio from Poland. Marcin

On January 3, 2016 Delphine Kirkland wrote:

I'll be visiting Stockholm for 3 weeks in mid-January through early February and would like to sing with guitar players, pianist or band that plays jazz/blues from the era of Billie Holiday. Horns would be great. Other vocal interests include Nat King Cole, Chet Baker, Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, Louise Armstrong, Bessie Smith and Otis Redding.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Want to sing Billie Holiday style jazz/blues in Stockholm posted b on January 3, 2016 @ 5:35 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Delphine Kirkland Delphine Kirkland is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hello Marcin,

Unfortunately I won't be able to form any kind of alliance that involves traveling and playing. I have a business here in Pennsylvania and a homestead. And when I'm here I have a guitar player I work with. I plan on spending more time in Sweden as well as Canada, however. Perhaps we will cross paths when I'm abroad again.

I am, however, interested in some online/remote collaborations.

Are you generally living in Stockholm? Do you know anyone that will be there from Jan 13- Feb 3 that might want to play?

Reply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply