Lyricist seeking composer posted by Kah Lim

1 post on this topic, 384 views

Post a Reply
Lyricist seeking composer on March 22, 2016 @ 3:16 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Kah Lim Kah Lim is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I am a published author based in Singapore and you can view one of my works at:

I'm also a budding playwright and was in the process of writing a stage comedy, when I decided to adapt it into a musical. I've since written the script and the lyrics to some 21 songs and would very much like to seek the collaboration of a talented composer someone who's passionate enough to take on a project and not expect a base payment or advance. An agreement will be drawn up, agreed upon and signed before actually embarking on the project and any royalties earned will be split according to industry norms.

There's wit, sadness and romance in the script and I'm hoping the composer can complement this with some catchy happy music, sad introspective ballads, angry songs, etc. Stylistically, I'm looking at a whole genre of contemporary music, including pop, heavy ballads, soft and hard rock, rock and roll, etc.

The timing is fortuitous because Singapore is trying to establish itself as a cultural hub as well as a financial, shipping and medical hub and our National Arts Council is providing a number of grants to Singaporean/international collaborations to support this effort. Learn more by clicking on this link:

It's helpful to include a few demos with the application so someone with a

basic home recording studio and some singers to call upon would be most ideal.

I'll be happy to work with anyone, anywhere and very much look forward to hearing from you.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply