Re: Hello people, I have a huge dilemma :-) posted by 3tonal posted by 3tonal

2 posts on this topic, 270 views

Post a Reply
Hello people, I have a huge dilemma :-) on April 27, 2017 @ 2:10 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by 3tonal 3tonal is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Dear all,

Greatings from Belgrade!

I have a huge dilemma and I am asking you for a sincere help.

Thank you in advance for your time reading my post, and I will be immensely grateful, if you share your ideas and experiences with me.

Let me introduce myself – I am 39 years old, male, and studied music composition. According to some circumstances, I was engaged in totally different jobs from my 30th birthday, but there has always been a hidden desire to come back to music.

Right now, my business life is on the turning point, and it is natural to think about music too, but I am not sure what could I find „in reality“, so I am asking you for help.

I have to mention that, when I was engaged in music, I was „old-fashioned type of composers“, so that I have never used Cubase, while I used Sibellius only for printing my music sheets. Also I have to point out that I have an academic knowledge related to music, that I am good at making compositions and playing the piano.

My idea is to invest in a small home studio (which would satisfy some basic needs) and to try to make money ONLINE working with Cubase and Sibelius. I am also willing to try hard and use all my time and efforts in order to acquire necessary knowledge for professional work in Cubase. I am familiar with Sibelius, since I have worked with it for printing my music sheets, but there is also a space for educating and improving my skills, due to the fact that the software has been improving in the meantime.

So, my plan would be to spend some time learning Cubase, Sibelius, and mastering music production. When I acquire necessary skills, I would try the following:

1) to compose short applied music compositions for the sites like Audio Jungle

2) to look for freelance jobs in the field of music (printing music sheets in Sibelius, music transcription, some jobs concerning music composition, dubbing pianos, mabe midi mockups and so) in the sites such as Upwork or Freelancer.

If I manage „to survive“ in that kind of jobs, I hope that I could eventually get a larger work, such as making compositions for a movie, for example.

My main dilemmas are as follows:

a) How much time do I need to learn music production to the extent that is enough for basic professional work, having in mind the fact that I would be very dedicated to that work?

b) On the basis of above mentioned, would you give me some additional suggestions what other musical activities I could do online?

c) Is it realistic to expect to earn not less than 500-600$ per month, after the phase of learning ?

I am aware that it is impossible to give me absolutely precise answers, and that there is no universal recipie for each individual. I am also aware that some online composers and musicians earn quite a lot (which is only a dream for me now).

But looking generally and objectively – what can I expect, and is it generally profitable to devote myself to it?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Hello people, I have a huge dilemma :-) posted by 3tonal on April 29, 2017 @ 9:29 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Vladislav Bogush Vladislav Bogush is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hello !

a) from 6 month to 12 month

b) I dont know

c) Yes,you can

Edited by Vladislav Bogush on April 29, 2017 @ 9:31 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply