Re: Greetings everyone posted by Mark Ventimiglia posted by Mark Ventimiglia

5 posts on this topic, 234 views

Post a Reply
Greetings everyone on July 2, 2017 @ 10:05 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Mark Ventimiglia Mark Ventimiglia is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Mark (age 52), and I'm a jazz / swing rhythm guitarist that plays straight 4/4; nothing fancy, yet I embrace the repetitiveness of this important supportive role.

As a team player, I'm not seeking the limelight; I'm just looking to find my place, a sense of belonging to something larger than myself.

My musical philosophy is simple: To establish a solid rhythmic foundational support without creating an unnecessary harmonic presence that would interfere with the notes sounded by the other musicians in the band. In other words, I'm not interested in soloing or standing out in any way.

Lastly, I don't have a large chordal vocabulary, but I do play all over the neck of my guitar. Mainly just simple ii-v-i progressions and i-vi-ii-v diminished vamp patterns. As a minimalist, I employ mainly 3-note chords. In my opinion, rhythm is most important; pitch is secondary.

If you're a swing / jazz ensemble that plays the old standards and are in need of a rhythm guitarist, I look forward to hearing from you.

Once again, thank you sincerely for this opportunity.

Musically yours,

Mark

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Greetings everyone posted by Mark Ventimiglia on July 3, 2017 @ 8:51 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Fitzy Spencer Fitzy Spencer is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi Mark,

I read your post and like the fact that you got straight to the point,

tell me where are you from?

Fitzy

Re: Greetings everyone posted by Mark Ventimiglia on July 3, 2017 @ 11:04 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Mark Ventimiglia Mark Ventimiglia is currently offline. Click to send a message.

On July 3, 2017 Fitzy Spencer wrote:

Hi Mark,

I read your post and like the fact that you got straight to the point,

tell me where are you from?

Fitzy

Hi Fitzy,

I live in Wood River, Iillinois; about 30 miles north of St Louis, Missouri.

Re: Greetings everyone posted by Mark Ventimiglia on August 12, 2017 @ 8:37 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Loginova Loginova is currently offline. Click to send a message.

On July 2, 2017 Mark Ventimiglia wrote:

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Mark (age 52), and I'm a jazz / swing rhythm guitarist that plays straight 4/4; nothing fancy, yet I embrace the repetitiveness of this important supportive role.

As a team player, I'm not seeking the limelight; I'm just looking to find my place, a sense of belonging to something larger than myself.

My musical philosophy is simple: To establish a solid rhythmic foundational support without creating an unnecessary harmonic presence that would interfere with the notes sounded by the other musicians in the band. In other words, I'm not interested in soloing or standing out in any way.

Lastly, I don't have a large chordal vocabulary, but I do play all over the neck of my guitar. Mainly just simple ii-v-i progressions and i-vi-ii-v diminished vamp patterns. As a minimalist, I employ mainly 3-note chords. In my opinion, rhythm is most important; pitch is secondary.

If you're a swing / jazz ensemble that plays the old standards and are in need of a rhythm guitarist, I look forward to hearing from you.

Once again, thank you sincerely for this opportunity.

Musically yours,

Mark

Hello to u too, i just joined here aswell, i am jazz lover!!

Edited by Loginova on August 29, 2017 @ 9:21 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Greetings everyone posted by Mark Ventimiglia posted by Mark Venti on September 14, 2017 @ 10:46 amReport this post as inappropriate#5

Hello loginova. I haven't had much luck with this site. Hope you fare better.

Post a Reply