Re: Film Composer Career Opportunity posted by Lenny Roebuck

5 posts on this topic, 1146 views

Post a Reply
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Musicians Page has limited control about the legitimacy of posted opportunities. Be sure to read our Terms of use before taking any action, and be always aware of possible frauds. Avoid to apply for jobs/opportunities asking for up-front money or requesting sensitive documents or information such as passports, credit card numbers, etc. If you think this opportunity may be a fraud, please contact us promptly.

Film Composer Career Opportunity on December 10, 2012 @ 6:33 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Lenny Roebuck Lenny Roebuck is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Attention Film Composers! I worked for this great music production

company as a studio musician recording some music cues for their

music catalogue.

Music Licensing of Hollywood has fantastic film and tv music. Their

music currently has licensing with Lionsgate Studios for a new Bruce

Willis film titled "Fire With Fire". Also they had music placements on

the National Geograghic Channel for the series Doomsday Preppers.

I found out that they have a Film Composer Career Development

Program. It looks like a great opportunity to get into the music

business as a composer for film, tv, commercials, and multi-media.

I understand through their activites as Cinematone (a collaboration

of Hollywood's most talented composers and studio musicians) their

music master recordings are being licensed throughout the world.

Google Music Licensing of Hollywood or Cinematone and check them

out.

They also have a great music cd on itunes and amazon titled Smooth

Deluxe by Cinematone. All About Jazz.com gave a great review of the

cd saying it was one of the finest new smooth jazz releases they have

heard in the past few years.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Film Composer Career Opportunity on March 1, 2013 @ 8:45 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by The Yorks (duo/trio) The Yorks  (duo/trio) is currently offline. Click to send a message.
Dear Lenny,
I am currently composing cues and theme music but don't know where to take it at this point. There are several services for licensing out there - Taxi - Music Clout but don't know how others are doing with this.
Can you suggest where I might start. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance, Lisa York

Edited by The Yorks (duo/trio) on March 1, 2013 @ 8:47 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Re: Film Composer Career Opportunity on April 24, 2013 @ 4:41 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3

Dear Lisa,

Music Licensing of Hollywood is always looking for talent for lucrative licensing agreements.

The music must be on the same level as the music on their website www.mxlicensing.com

If you have master recordings of original music that is good as you hear on the website of Music Licensing of Hollywood or as good as the music you hear on tv and in films please submit your master recordings for consideration by using www.yousendit.com and send to info@mxlicensing.com

Music Licensing of Hollywood's licensing agreement is industry standard

with licensing fees shared 50/50 on a non-exclusive basis.

Good Luck,

Lenny Roebuck composer

Re: Re: Film Composer Career Opportunity on April 24, 2013 @ 6:03 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by The Yorks (duo/trio) The Yorks  (duo/trio) is currently offline. Click to send a message.
Dear Lenny,
Thank you for the information! I have one last question. How do they respond to the fact that you already have a publisher? Again thanks for the tips & I will look into this. Warmest regards, Lisa

[QUOTE id=19435 time=1366821682]

Dear Lisa,

Music Licensing of Hollywood is always looking for talent for lucrative licensing agreements.

The music must be on the same level as the music on their website www.mxlicensing.com

If you have master recordings of original music that is good as you hear on the website of Music Licensing of Hollywood or as good as the music you hear on tv and in films please submit your master recordings for consideration by using www.yousendit.com and send to info@mxlicensing.com

Music Licensing of Hollywood's licensing agreement is industry standard

with licensing fees shared 50/50 on a non-exclusive basis.

Good Luck,

Lenny Roebuck composer

[/QUOTE]

Re: Re: Film Composer Career Opportunity on April 24, 2013 @ 7:02 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5
On March 1, 2013 The Yorks (duo/trio) wrote:
Dear Lenny,
I am currently composing cues and theme music but don't know where to take it at this point. There are several services for licensing out there - Taxi - Music Clout but don't know how others are doing with this.
Can you suggest where I might start. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance, Lisa York

Post a Reply