Re: Re: Jobs opportunity?? ... posted by FrancoLorelli

33 posts on this topic, shown 11-20, 2536 views

Browse: [<<] 1 2 3 [>>]

Post a Reply
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Musicians Page has limited control about the legitimacy of posted opportunities. Be sure to read our Terms of use before taking any action, and be always aware of possible frauds. Avoid to apply for jobs/opportunities asking for up-front money or requesting sensitive documents or information such as passports, credit card numbers, etc. If you think this opportunity may be a fraud, please contact us promptly.

Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 4:42 pmReport this post as inappropriate#11
by Crag Jensen Crag Jensen is currently offline. Click to send a message.
I think that the response so far on this question pretty much sums it up. Far too few jobs for far too many people. Clubs that used to hire live musicians in the US are going to Karaoke or whatever is cheaper than live entertainment. So musicians start looking for music jobs in other places. And so the "other places" get all the applicants who can't find work where it used to be plentiful. So we are all faced with too much supply and not enough demand (or vice-a-versa) . However - I certainly do not blame Obamacare. Ted Cruz's shutting down of the government didn't help things - but - this problem has been going on way before Obamacare was passed or Ted Cruz came on the scene. When the economy goes south so do job opportunities. This site, fortunately, gives us knowledge of some of the few opportunities left out there. And - I have obtained a project or two from this site.

My advise to all of us (including myself): Keep upgrading your demo packages, song lists. resumes, pictures, demo reels, websites etc. and keep trying.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 5:05 pmReport this post as inappropriate#12
by pianistgreg pianistgreg is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Alot of the jobs listed here are not in the USA. They are in Dubai and Asia and Europe and beyond. Well away from the USA economy and troubles with Obamacare and Ted Cruz. I don't know if Ted and Obama have much impact on jobs listed in Asia for example.

I've been putting my time to good use and spending alot of time in the recording studio working on original material.

Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 5:46 pmReport this post as inappropriate#13
by Joel Stewart Joel Stewart is currently offline. Click to send a message.
On October 25, 2013 Evan Sachs wrote:
On October 25, 2013 Evan Sachs wrote:

Hey people, where's the work?
No jobs, no opportunities, no good salary, no real agents...
what's happening to us?

Is it over?

Hi Friend,
There are very few jobs period. 92,000,000 Americans who could work, are NOT working. Employers are not hiring because of , yes, ObamaCare. I hope if you voted for this president you are beginning to see the light. There is nothing that is
free in life, and taking money from the employer sector of the economy means that there is no money to hire YOU.
We are all suffering you are not alone.

I somewhat disagree to this 'Obama' comment. The majority of jobs (Listed on this site,)are 'not' in America. I did'nt vote for him but 'These' jobs are offered/run by foreign companies.

Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 5:49 pmReport this post as inappropriate#14
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*
Hello guys,
I wish to jump into the conversation because we'd really like to give you more job opportunities on MP, but maybe I need more feedback from you.

For whom of you that couldn't find a job on MP, is that because you didn't find one that interest you or because there are just too few? How would you suggest to act to find more employers willing to post jobs on MP, and thus giving you a wider choice to pick from?

I am eager to know your thoughts on this hot topic!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Sincerely,
Fabrizio Ferrari
supervisor/composer
Musicians Page
http://www.musicianspage.com
Virtual Sheet Music, Inc.
http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com

Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 5:52 pmReport this post as inappropriate#15

That's exactly what I have been doing (recording in my studio) - expanding my portfolio. And building up my website - https://sites.google.com/site/cragjensen/home/music

And yes - many of these job opportunities are in Asia and the Middle East - but - my point was - there are many, like us, who are now interested in procuring those gigs because of the poor job scene here in the US. So now the competition for those jobs has skyrocketed.

Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 5:57 pmReport this post as inappropriate#16
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*
Hi Crag,
is that really the scenario most musicians are facing here in the US? Less gigs than used to be? Please, tell me more...

Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 6:12 pmReport this post as inappropriate#17
by Awa Traore S. Awa Traore S. is currently offline. Click to send a message.
[QUOTE id=10978 time=1381943759]
Hey people, where's the work?
No jobs, no opportunities, no good salary, no real agents...
what's happening to us?

Is it over?
[/QUOTE]

Hi,

It seems that some new "business people" who don't care about the musician & performance value are killing our work.

This following article explains some reasons of the situation :

The venues might realize there is something wrong someday but It seems that's time for musicians and real agents respecting artists to be strong and to unite to find a solution that could cure this mess.

Let's think about it together with perseverance and courage.

Greetings.

Edited by Awa Traore S. on October 25, 2013 @ 6:23 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Jobs opportunity?? Desaparecidos......... on October 25, 2013 @ 7:13 pmReport this post as inappropriate#18
I am not here to argue politics. The fact is - is that we would have had enough money to fund a decent health-care program if we hadn't fought two wars on a credit card in the earlier two-thousands. If you think for one second that things would be better under Romney - I feel you are sorely mistaken. For poor people and people with pre-existing conditions - Obamacare is great - for many others - it sucks. And I am sure you are right - Obamacare prevents many small businesses from hiring - but that is just one recent part of a problem that has been building up for years - poor economy = not much work out there for musicians. The world is not a perfect place and making a living as a musician has always been a precarious venture. And now the situation has become even more precarious. Sometimes there is no one to blame - not even yourself for a given situation. It is what it is and so we make the best of it that we can. My advise - get creative, dig deeper and wider, try your best and quit whining about Obama - it does you no good.

Re: Re: Jobs opportunity?? ... on October 25, 2013 @ 7:22 pmReport this post as inappropriate#19
As far as i can tell - yes - it is a big part of the problem. But - in places that have resorts - like Florida - there is a lot more work than in other parts of the country. I am thinking of taking a trip down there soon to scope out work myself. Nothing ventured - nothing gained...

RE; Obama Subject/Comments on October 25, 2013 @ 7:49 pmReport this post as inappropriate#20
by Joel Stewart Joel Stewart is currently offline. Click to send a message.

When Obama got elected? Gas prices doubled; oil prices quadrupled. A healthcare plan gets hurriedly and sneakily passed at 3:30 in the morning. Everyone here in th states's hours are getting cut back to 29 hrs or less. No one can afford this 'jammed down our throat' healthcare plan. No one can get healthcare at their jobs,"because the employers are cutting them to 29 hrs, to avoid paying them healthcare. EVERYONE loses with this bully Obama.
This topic has nothing to do with this subject of why we cant get jobs from this website. I've got 7 yrs in th cruise industry. 20 yrs on th Las Vegas strip, European tours, opened and actually played with major signed acts Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, etc, here in th states.
No. This site is all about hiring non-american musicians. It's all about idiot and abusive agencies like Landau and Pro Ship, whoring out their services based 'solely' on politics.
If you've looked at MY video demos on this site, and think that YOU can match this level of talent, then let's talk.

Post a Reply

Browse: [<<] 1 2 3 [>>]