Musicians wanted for a new Funk/Disco Band (Essex, UK) posted by john Howard

1 post on this topic, 449 views

Post a Reply
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Musicians Page has limited control about the legitimacy of posted opportunities. Be sure to read our Terms of use before taking any action, and be always aware of possible frauds. Avoid to apply for jobs/opportunities asking for up-front money or requesting sensitive documents or information such as passports, credit card numbers, etc. If you think this opportunity may be a fraud, please contact us promptly.

Musicians wanted for a new Funk/Disco Band (Essex, UK) on October 24, 2014 @ 1:23 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by john Howard john Howard is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi, I'm John and I'm looking for fellow musicians to start an awesome new gigging band in Essex.

We will:
* be playing the best funk and disco know to mankind!
* getting the audience up on their feet, dancing, smiling and having fun.
* working hard to create a professional, solid sound
* be gigging by Christmas
* having fun
* getting paid (a bit!)

We will not:
* be playing blues, rock or pop (nothing against them - its just not what this bad is for
* endlessly practicing without gigging!
* playing loud and saying nothing.

So who should apply?
Well anyone really. You just need an instrument, to be able to play it and to enjoy the cheese of Funk and Disco!! I'm looking for solid rhythm players (drums, bass), flamboyant singers (front and back), keys, guitar and especially horns (any brass/woodwind considered).

What sort of Funk and Disco?
Check these guys out on Spotify: Chic, James Brown, Parliament, Hot Chocolate, Funkadelic, The JBs, Diana Ross, Kool and the Gang, Ohio Players, Commodores, Creative Source, The Temptations, Roy Ayres, Marvin Gaye, Jamiroquai, Herbie Hancock, The Brecker Brothers, The Headhunters, the Fat Back Band, Rose Royce, Gloria Gaynor.

Nuff said, we gonna Funk yous up baby!

Reply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply