2016 Taiwan Taichung Saxophone Competition posted by csr
1 post on this topic, 312 views
2016 Taichung Saxophone Competition Application Information
Houli—the original “hometown” for Taiwan's saxophone production—remains a key global hub for the manufacture of musical instruments. In recent years, cultural and creative industry concepts have been adopted towards the goals of promoting Houli's instrument-making industry and boosting local businesses. The vision for this competition is to provide a venue for musicians from around the world to share experiences and exchange information with each other in order to broaden the horizons of Taiwan's musicians and music scene, promote jazz music and instruments, and attract local and international recognition, thereby maximizing the synergistic impact of this event.
* Organizer: Cultural Affairs Bureau, Taichung City Government
* Coordinator: Csr-Taiwan Summit Brand Marketing Co., Ltd
* Qualifications: This competition is open to all jazz saxophone players, regardless of nationality or age.
* Application Deadline: June 24 , 2016
* Application Instructions
Complete the application form and send it by mail, or deliver it to our office in person. Application forms can be downloaded at http://www.culture.taichung.gov.tw/ or http://www.taichungsaxophone2016.com.tw/sax/
a. Mail submissions:
Please mail (postmarked no later than Jun 24, 2016) the completed application form and 2 DVDs or any available type of network platform link (music video for preliminary round, limited to jazz) to the following address:
2016 Taichung Saxophone Competition
No.15, Huazhong St., North Dist.,
Taichung City 40442,
Note: Please use a delivery services that allows you to track your mail.
b. In-person submissions:
Please deliver the completed application form and 2 DVDs or any available type of network platform link (music video for preliminary round, limited to jazz) to
No.15, Huazhong St., North Dist., Taichung City 40442, Taiwan (R.O.C.) before June 24, 2016. Please note “2016 Taichung Saxophone Competition” on the cover.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except national holidays)
* Application Requirements (Please include all of the following items)
a. Completed application form with one passport-size color photograph of the applicant (2'' high definition, frontal head and shoulder shot) attached to it.
b. A photocopy of the applicant's Taiwan (R.O.C.) ID card or foreign passport.
c. 2 performance DVDs or any available type of network platform link for the preliminary round: Choose one jazz piece and make a video recording no more than five minutes in length. Convert it to NTSC format, and make two standard DVD copies (VOB format, which includes two folders with video and audio for DVD players); or MPEG/AVI files (640 x 480 or 720 x 480 resolution, 30 fps) for computers. Please specify the applicant's name and the musical piece title on each DVD disc.
d. A copyright agreement with the applicant's signature and date.
* Competition Format
Jazz saxophone performance: All contestants will be accompanied by a trio jazz ensemble (drums/bass/piano) provided by the organizer, and are not allowed to bring their own ensemble.
* Program (performers will be notified of any time/location changes, which will also be posted on the official website)
a. Preliminary Round
The preliminary round will 20 contestants or more for the semi-final round, based on their performance DVDs (or music video links). Please consult the official website for results, which will be posted no later than July 8, 2016.
b. Semi-Final Round
The semi-final round will be held Shin Min High School Art Center on July 29, 2016. Jurors will 10 out of the 20 contestants for the final round. The order of contestants in the final round will be decided in an open, fair drawing by the contestants (or by the organizer if a contestant is absent)
c. Final Round
The final round will be held Shin Min High School Art Center on July 31, 2016, when jurors will one winner from among the 10 candidates. The winner will be announced immediately after the competition.
d. Awards Ceremony
The awards ceremony will take place after the final round.
* Competition Order:
l The order of contestants in the semi-final round will be determined by lots. Results will be posted on the official website one week before the competition.
l The order of contestants in the final round will be decided in an open, fair drawing by the contestants (or by the organizer if a contestant is absent).
Please refer to the official website of the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Taichung City Government or go to http://www.taichungsaxophone2016.com.tw
1st: NT$600,000 and medal
2nd: NT$300,000 and medal
3rd: NT$150,000 and medal
* Grading criteria
Improvisation and Interpretation: 30%
Appearance and Stage Deportment: 10%
1. All contestants are required to accompany with a jazz trio ensemble provided by the organizer, and are not allowed to bring their own ensemble.
2. Please wear formal clothing during the competition. Dress code will be considered under the “Appearance and Stage Deportment” grading category.
3. The organizer will hold an after party following the Saxophone Competition. Semi-Final and Final Round competitors are invited. The date and venue of the party will be determined and announced by the organizer.
4. In accordance with Taiwan income tax laws, prizes exceeding NT$20,000 will be taxed 10% for Taiwanese citizens (20% for foreigners).
5. All the prize winners are required to cooperate with the organizer to give one performance in festivals or activities, according to the organizer's annul schedule. The date and venue of this event will be determined by the organizer, who will cover related air tickets and an airport arrival reception but not living expenses.
6. All the prize winners are required to provide his/her portrait and usage authorization to the organizer for promotional use over a one-year period.
7. Foreign contestants requiring certification of their participation should notify the coordinator by email beforehand. Contestants are also responsible for their accommodations, meals, visa, and travel arrangements to and from the competition.
8. Please fill in the application form completely. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
9. All the application documents will not be returned.
10. If a contestant's musical entries, registration information or attached documents are found to involve in plagiarism or any form of misrepresentation, the organizer reserves the rights to disqualify the contestant from the competition, with any awarded prizes returned to the organizer.
11. The organizer reserves the rights to modify the date, venue and time order of contestants' performances, subject to necessary or inevitable conditions.
12. Based on the registration result and performance level of the contestants, the jurors reserve the rights to adjust the number of semi-finalists and finalists during each round of the competition, or not to award a prize for the final round.
13. Contestants must comply with rules and guidelines at the organizer's discretion.
14. The organizer reserves the rights to modify the rules at their discretion.
ÃƒÂ¢—Ž Contact Information
Csr-Taiwan Summit Brand Marketing Co., Ltd
Telephone: +886-4-2207-0976, ext. 16
No.15, Huazhong St., North Dist., Taichung City 40442, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
(Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. except national holidays)
Website: http://www.culture.taichung.gov.tw/ or
|Edited by csr on June 20, 2016 @ 5:58 am|
High quality Christmas sheet music to download instantly.
Join the Virtual Sheet Music® Affiliate Program to earn cash instantly (30% commission)
© 1999-2016 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.