Music production: art or technique? posted by LakeWave Music Lab

4 posts on this topic, 214 views

Post a Reply
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Musicians Page has limited control about the legitimacy of posted opportunities. Be sure to read our Terms of use before taking any action, and be always aware of possible frauds. Avoid to apply for jobs/opportunities asking for up-front money or requesting sensitive documents or information such as passports, credit card numbers, etc. If you think this opportunity may be a fraud, please contact us promptly.

Music production: art or technique? on January 8, 2018 @ 11:35 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by LakeWave Music Lab LakeWave Music Lab is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Music is truly an art, but technology is helping everybody in accessing a world which was very closed - and out of reach for most - just a couple of decades ago. What's the balance between art and technique?

Here at LakeWave Music Lab (www.lwmusiclab.com) we do not have any doubt! Nowadays both artistic and technical competences are mandatory and relevant in building a successful piece of music, and we believe that finding the right expertise is a key success factor for an artist, allowing to focus more on his/her artistic production while keeping an eye on the technical side of the production.

We are musicians, first of all, but we also have a passion and competence for the technical part of the production process, and we'd like to establish long time relationships - and, why not, cooperation - with recording artists.

Tell us your view about the importance of technology in the music production process, and visit our website (www.lwmusiclab.com) and our profile on Airgigs.com (www.airgigs.com/user/LakeWaveMusicLab) for an overview on our offer of music production services.

We'd love to receive some feedback from some fellow musicians!

Rock on!

Giovanni&Claudia @LakeWave Music Lab

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Music production: art or technique? posted by LakeWave Music Lab on January 9, 2018 @ 9:42 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Marthese Parascandalo Marthese Parascandalo is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I think that mixing both, like it is done today, is a wonderful art in itself. I love the way you are bringing back all the old songs I loved and giving them new life to be enjoyed all over again by youngsters. I enjoy discovering old melodies and harmonies hidden in new releases.

I am a singer/voice over artist and would be interested to work with you remotely on any projects. My voice range is from soprano to very low alto. My languages are English, Italian and Maltese.

Best regards,

Marthese

Re: Music production: art or technique? posted by LakeWave Music Lab on January 9, 2018 @ 9:55 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by LakeWave Music Lab LakeWave Music Lab is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Thanks for your post, Marthese!

Sure, mixing is an art! And we love the way in which mixing can become a really creative process... besides all the technology and technicalities which still need to be mastered and taken into account in order to reach a really professional and effective result.

Have a look at our Facebook page www.facebook.com/LWMusicLab, just a couple of hours ago we shared a wonderful video of superstar engineer&producer Sylvia Massy showing her surprising approach to recording, mixing and producing: definitely inspirational!

...and also have a look at our offer of services on www.airgigs.com/user/LakeWaveMusicLab: we'd love to work with you on vocal projects

Warm regards,

G&C @LakeWave Music Lab

www.lwmusiclab.com

Re: Music production: art or technique? posted by LakeWave Music Lab on January 12, 2018 @ 9:55 amReport this post as inappropriate#4

Since the discussion is lacking, here is a video we shared on our Facebook page which is VERY interesting (indeed, that's what you expect in a video featuring Mr Alan Parsons).

Mr Parsons goes right to the point of our question.

Any comment/discussion is welcome!

Giovanni&Claudia @LakeWave Music Lab

Post a Reply