Scammer on this site: ALERT! posted by martinjenkins

17 posts on this topic, shown 1-10, 3185 views

Browse: 1 2 [>>]

Post a Reply
Scammer on this site: ALERT! on August 17, 2012 @ 4:11 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by martinjenkins martinjenkins is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I received a mail from Holiday Inn Kensington Forum stating that they are looking for musicians. This is a scam and this member should be removed from this site.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on August 18, 2012 @ 5:36 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by bono-modo bono-modo is currently offline. Click to send a message.
SCAMMER FUERA DE AQUI

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on August 18, 2012 @ 7:35 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Chad Philipps Chad Philipps is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Thank you for your report here. Please, could you tell us more about this issue? How do you think they are a scam? We are eager to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on August 18, 2012 @ 8:15 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by martinjenkins martinjenkins is currently offline. Click to send a message.
After they wrote to me first time saying they didn't want to publicize it I was given an email to write to supposedly a recruitment email at Holiday Inn Kensington. I was told to send my resume etc. and told that my material screened byt the music dept. head who was looking to replace 5 ....... yes FIVE bands . Can you imagine the Holiday Inn having five bands, plus it is extremely difficult to get a residency contract in Englan as hotels use the locals. The English in the email was atrocious so that also raised my suspicion. So I did a little searching and found some info on the net which said that the so called head of recruitment did not infact exist and the email addresses using @london are frequently used by scammers. The phone numbers given are all apparently mobile numbers anyway.
After the second email I sent them an email back telling them to get an honest job like the rest of us and not to be parasites.
But even as I sent it, I received a third email saying that my material had been viewed and I was chosen.... WOW

Hope this is helpful

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on August 18, 2012 @ 10:33 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5
by Chad Philipps Chad Philipps is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

I see - we are researching this issue and will have this resolved shortly...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention...

Best,

Chad

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on August 20, 2012 @ 4:41 amReport this post as inappropriate#6
by Amped Recording Studios Amped Recording Studios is currently offline. Click to send a message.
On August 17, 2012 martinjenkins wrote:

I received a mail from Holiday Inn Kensington Forum stating that they are looking for musicians. This is a scam and this member should be removed from this site.

Woa, thanks man!

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on August 20, 2012 @ 10:30 amReport this post as inappropriate#7
by bono-modo bono-modo is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Tis is what they wrote to us:

HOLIDAY INN KENSINGTON FORUM
97 CROMWELL ROAD
LONDON, SW7 4DN ENGLAND
UNITED KINGDOM
Recruitment Department: +447031947418

Attn Applicant,

After wide perusal of your information and properly listening to your music demo and recomendation from our Music Department,Holiday Inn Kensington Forum Hotel have decide to give your musical group a chance.But upon you wasting time you maybe subtituted for another group due to the urgency of this recruitment.Any number that will make your group a complete set.And we shall sponsor your visa and flight.But if you are from outside Europe,you will have to sponsor yourself in Biometric Resident Permit and Working Permit Certificate.The Hotel don't sponsor on that.We will secure for you a Company Invitation letter that will enable us process your papers fast enough.
Upon signing the contract we will negotiate on the salary schedule.Kindly write to us sonnest because this is urgent,if their is anything that is not clear.
We shall send to you tomorrow our Official Job Application Form,for you all to fill respectively.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Mr Mark Perez Sinadjan
For Manager Music Department

This is scamer!

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! i hu on August 20, 2012 @ 5:19 pmReport this post as inappropriate#8
by Duo Kamelya Duo Kamelya is currently offline. Click to send a message.
wow i just got the same e-mail from this hotel.thanx for the info!

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on April 17, 2013 @ 1:50 amReport this post as inappropriate#9
by pianistgreg pianistgreg is currently offline. Click to send a message.
On August 18, 2012 martinjenkins wrote:
After they wrote to me first time saying they didn't want to publicize it I was given an email to write to supposedly a recruitment email at Holiday Inn Kensington. I was told to send my resume etc. and told that my material screened byt the music dept. head who was looking to replace 5 ....... yes FIVE bands . Can you imagine the Holiday Inn having five bands, plus it is extremely difficult to get a residency contract in Englan as hotels use the locals. The English in the email was atrocious so that also raised my suspicion. So I did a little searching and found some info on the net which said that the so called head of recruitment did not infact exist and the email addresses using @london are frequently used by scammers. The phone numbers given are all apparently mobile numbers anyway.
After the second email I sent them an email back telling them to get an honest job like the rest of us and not to be parasites.
But even as I sent it, I received a third email saying that my material had been viewed and I was chosen.... WOW
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Holiday Inn Kensington is now listed as Black Sea Cruise Hotel and Suites. And after applying they immediately send you out an Employment Contract. I actually called the number listed and got a Russian sounding man speaking such poor english that I couldn't understand even one word.

Re: Scammer on this site: ALERT! on April 17, 2013 @ 2:31 amReport this post as inappropriate#10
by pianistgreg pianistgreg is currently offline. Click to send a message.
I got something very similar today which is April 16th 2013. They are now calling themselves the Black Sea Cruise Hotel And Suite. With the same exact address. They send you to a website that is actually "Vacations To Go." And they've never heard of this hotel.

Tis is what they wrote to us:

HOLIDAY INN KENSINGTON FORUM
97 CROMWELL ROAD
LONDON, SW7 4DN ENGLAND
UNITED KINGDOM
Recruitment Department: +447031947418

Attn Applicant,

After wide perusal of your information and properly listening to your music demo and recomendation from our Music Department,Holiday Inn Kensington Forum Hotel have decide to give your musical group a chance.But upon you wasting time you maybe subtituted for another group due to the urgency of this recruitment.Any number that will make your group a complete set.And we shall sponsor your visa and flight.But if you are from outside Europe,you will have to sponsor yourself in Biometric Resident Permit and Working Permit Certificate.The Hotel don't sponsor on that.We will secure for you a Company Invitation letter that will enable us process your papers fast enough.
Upon signing the contract we will negotiate on the salary schedule.Kindly write to us sonnest because this is urgent,if their is anything that is not clear.
We shall send to you tomorrow our Official Job Application Form,for you all to fill respectively.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Mr Mark Perez Sinadjan
For Manager Music Department

This is scamer!

[/QUOTE]

Post a Reply

Browse: 1 2 [>>]