Violin recording mics and softwares for beginner posted by Ava Thompson

Related Links

Violin Sheet Music
to download instantly

3 posts on this topic, 427 views

Post a Reply
Violin recording mics and softwares for beginner on January 9, 2016 @ 3:10 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Ava Thompson Ava Thompson is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi, I've been playing violin for a long time but I want to start recording at home and I have no experience. I just want to know what material to use and what softwares to use (preferably free) to start with. Thankyou

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Violin recording mics and softwares for beginner posted by Ava Tho on January 10, 2016 @ 12:51 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Gregory Wilson Gregory Wilson is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hello Ava,

I am a violinist as well... I like the software called Mixcraft. I think you can get a free trial, but then have to buy it eventually. It's not TOO much though..

For a microphone, I don't know like an official one that people prefer for violin, but I purchased 2 mic's from Sweetwater.com that work well, generally - the type, I'm pretty sure, is called:

AKG P220

Details: Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone with Cardioid Polar Pattern, 20Hz-20kHz Frequency Response, Bass Roll-off, and 20dB Pad

You can search for AKG P220 on Sweetwater.com.

-Greg

Re: Violin recording mics and softwares for beginner posted by Ava Tho on July 12, 2016 @ 9:35 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Cynthia Myra Cynthia Myra is currently offline. Click to send a message.

You can go for the trial version of Mixcraft software. And if you find it suitable, you can purchase it once the trial version ends.

Post a Reply