Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? posted by Keith Perreur-lloyd

11 posts on this topic, shown 1-11, 1988 views

Post a Reply
Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 2, 2009 @ 8:19 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Keith Perreur-lloyd Keith  Perreur-lloyd is currently offline. Click to send a message.
If my clarinet concerto (in the final stages of completion) requires the soloist to play Clarinet and Bass Clarinet in turn, would calling it "Concerto for Clarinets" - (plural), be misleading or in any way inappropriate?
I'd be glad to have views on this.
Keith Perreur-Lloyd.
My website all my finished concertos streamed at www.musicvenue21.com.
When I have finished the clarinet work, I will add it to my music.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 3, 2009 @ 3:50 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Don Eugene Hahn Don Eugene Hahn is currently offline. Click to send a message.
my first thought is singular since it is one person - concerto for clarinet player

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 3, 2009 @ 10:55 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Frederick Frayling - Kelly Frederick Frayling - Kelly is currently offline. Click to send a message.
How about "Concerto for Clarinettist and Orchestra"? That establishes that it is for a single player: in performance this is confirmed when the player comes on with two instruments.

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 3, 2009 @ 12:36 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Don Eugene Hahn Don Eugene Hahn is currently offline. Click to send a message.
That makes sense to me. Have you scheduled a premier?

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 3, 2009 @ 1:51 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5
by Arbonelli Guido Arbonelli Guido is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I would call it " Bb and bass clarinet concert".

by Guido Arbonelli

www.arbonelliclar.it

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 3, 2009 @ 4:30 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6
by Frederick Frayling - Kelly Frederick Frayling - Kelly is currently offline. Click to send a message.
I can see the reasoning behind the Bb and Bass Clarinet title, but it doesn't make it clear that it is for one player with two instruments, which is the composer's current problem with devising a title for it.

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 3, 2009 @ 8:43 pmReport this post as inappropriate#7
by Keith Perreur-lloyd Keith  Perreur-lloyd is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Thanks chaps !

It was going to be called - Concerto for Clarinet and Children - so this might mean a change then to Concerto for Clarinetist and Children.

Which I'll use then unless I hear any better offers !!

KPL

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 3, 2009 @ 9:34 pmReport this post as inappropriate#8

Oh........

And in response to Guido Arbonelli and the question of a premiere.....

As you will see from the comments on the website from well-known musicians about each of the other concertos (i) that are streamed from my website there is a deal of interest in their performance.

When the clarinet concerto is ready, perhaps you would like to consider the solo part?

KPL

www.musicvenue21.com is undergoing an upgrade at the moment so if you wan to hear any of the other works during the next two weeks you will have to use the flash site www.perreur-lloyd.com

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on September 4, 2009 @ 10:52 amReport this post as inappropriate#9
On September 3, 2009 Keith Perreur-lloyd wrote:

Thanks chaps !

It was going to be called - Concerto for Clarinet and Children - so this might mean a change then to Concerto for Clarinetist and Children.

Which I'll use then unless I hear any better offers !!

KPL

That solves the problem perfectly! Good luck with the new piece.

Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? on August 7, 2010 @ 6:17 pmReport this post as inappropriate#10

[QUOTE id=5044 time=1251981408]That makes sense to me. Have you scheduled a premier?[/QUOTE]

The Concerto for Clarinet & Children is now streamed from my new web site.

www.musicvenue21.com

Also

Concerto for Tuba & Everyone.....!

All Premiere Performance offers considered....

And - Listen with ear/headphones - or don't bother!!

KPL

Edited by Keith Perreur-lloyd on August 7, 2010 @ 6:21 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Clarinets .... Two Clarinets .. or ?? posted by Keith Perreur-llo on July 25, 2015 @ 9:18 amReport this post as inappropriate#11
by Keith Perreur-lloyd Keith Perreur-lloyd is currently offline. Click to send a message.

A delightful question!

My answer; the chances of my winning at Roulette are app. 3%: my chances of getting a performance (to any of my works), are .0003%

keith

Post a Reply