University Entry Exams- Master of Composition posted by Ali Dmo

3 posts on this topic, 608 views

Post a Reply
University Entry Exams- Master of Composition on May 23, 2015 @ 4:05 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Ali Dmo Ali Dmo is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hey guys,
pretty newbie here,a quick bio to help the situation, I'm studying bachelor of french literature and I want to change to master of composition without getting its bachelor,have been studying 3 years for it already,I'm a choir singer/pianist, have studied harmony(30/60 dubovsky) , counterpoint ( kent kennan, gigoriev mix), history ( a few books on general history of musics ), philosophy and psychology, semiotics and aesthetics.

so my question is , University entry exams for master of composition,specially in France/Germany, how hard are they on Piano skills?

any idea on any other university would also help

I'm not following a certain piano teaching method cause I need fast progression,my piano teacher is pretty awesome but he refuses to answer this particular question.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: University Entry Exams- Master of Composition posted by Ali Dmo on May 25, 2015 @ 7:10 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Ali Dmo Ali Dmo is currently offline. Click to send a message.

bump allowed?

Re: University Entry Exams- Master of Composition posted by Ali Dmo on December 23, 2015 @ 11:40 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Natasha Pearson Natasha Pearson is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi,

I don't know a lot about schools in France/Germany, but from my experience piano skills are not the most important thing. If you have a good portfolio to back you up and are enthusiastic you'll have a good shot.

On May 25, 2015 Ali Dmo wrote:

bump allowed?

Post a Reply