Where's my inspiration? posted by jackofalltrades

3 posts on this topic, 383 views

Post a Reply
Where's my inspiration? on December 17, 2015 @ 1:57 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by jackofalltrades  

I'm a new bass player who has progressed quickly and is almost ready to join a band. I also have this desire to write lyrics and I could but I feel that I lack life experience to fulfill my genre which is pop punk. I've never had a long term relationship. I've just dated a bunch of girls, crushed on a lot and been rejected. What do I do wit lyrics? These experiences were also a while ago and I've been on a long dry spell and have only had sex with one girl (I'm 24) and it was a bunch of one night stands. I've also been great at messing things up with girls in the beginning due to neediness. But I feel like I relate to the lyrics in all time low and allister songs which are about more complicated relationships. I don't know if it's poser of me to embellish my past experiences into songs. I want to be marketable too but feel my life experiences make me seem desperate

Edited by jackofalltrades on December 17, 2015 @ 2:08 amReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Where's my inspiration? posted by jackofalltrades on December 17, 2015 @ 11:44 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Kory Livingstone Kory Livingstone is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Well I'd say you're off to an excellent start judging by the story you've laid out. You have a great skeleton upon which to build your lyrics/lyrics.

Try digging into to the emotions & what caused those emotions as you've already started to do. Effective song writers make themselves vulnerable ( which is what people love to see) so desperation is a good thing.

QUOTE id=33197 time=1450318088]

I'm a new bass player who has progressed quickly and is almost ready to join a band. I also have this desire to write lyrics and I could but I feel that I lack life experience to fulfill my genre which is pop punk. I've never had a long term relationship. I've just dated a bunch of girls, crushed on a lot and been rejected. What do I do wit lyrics? These experiences were also a while ago and I've been on a long dry spell and have only had sex with one girl (I'm 24) and it was a bunch of one night stands. I've also been great at messing things up with girls in the beginning due to neediness. But I feel like I relate to the lyrics in all time low and allister songs which are about more complicated relationships. I don't know if it's poser of me to embellish my past experiences into songs. I want to be marketable too but feel my life experiences make me seem desperate

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Where's my inspiration? posted by jackofalltrades on January 7, 2016 @ 4:02 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Connor McCloud Connor McCloud is currently offline. Click to send a message.

You should check out Tool, they have the best bass rhythms of the 21st century, so far at least xP

On December 17, 2015 jackofalltrades wrote:

Reply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply