The Beatles posted by Alex Young

10 posts on this topic, 448 views

Post a Reply
The Beatles on November 20, 2015 @ 9:14 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Alex Young Alex  Young is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Is the Beatles the best band ever?

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on November 21, 2015 @ 9:50 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Drazen Andelkovic Drazen Andelkovic is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Yes, The Beatles are the best band in the history!

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on November 21, 2015 @ 3:25 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Karen Davis Karen Davis is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Nope. Zeppelin has them beat.

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on November 21, 2015 @ 4:15 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Drazen Andelkovic Drazen Andelkovic is currently offline. Click to send a message.

That would be true if The Beatles didn't exist. Listen to their music and you'll realize that. Zep is the second best, BTW.

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on November 21, 2015 @ 5:25 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5

I've listened to both extensively, and Zeppelin hits me in a way the Beatles just don't. Beatles have better song-craft, I'll give you that, but Zeppelin has a visceral quality and excellent grooves that the Beatles lack.

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on November 21, 2015 @ 7:45 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6
by Julie Westervelt Julie Westervelt is currently offline. Click to send a message.

You can't compare the Beatles and LZ; it's apples and oranges. The Beatles were the best rock band of their time. And frankly, in my opinion, the best band ever in the history or rock.

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on November 21, 2015 @ 11:42 pmReport this post as inappropriate#7

If you're going to talk about 'the history of rock' you have to talk about other bands. Zeppelin is one of the few bands that rival the Beatles in stature and influence. You also can't confine the Beatles to a specific time. Quite frankly, chopswise, simply in terms of musical virtuosity, the prog boys have the Beatles beat hands down. That said, there wouldn't be a Yes, or a King Crimson or a Cream or a whoever without the Beatles. For that alone, they are to be commended.

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on December 15, 2015 @ 6:26 amReport this post as inappropriate#8
by Wagner Wagner is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Im thinking Pink Floyd. Then Led Zeppelin, THEN the Beatles. Am I right?

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on January 7, 2016 @ 3:54 pmReport this post as inappropriate#9
by Connor McCloud Connor McCloud is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Personally, I think it's more like: The Beatles, Tool, Pink Floyd, then Zeppelin xD l mean yeah Jimmy Paige and Robert Plant were talented, but I think theor songs lack depth. Back when I only played guitar zeppelin was my fav, but nowadays I listen to all the instruments/ melodies/ lyrics at once and zeppelin gets boring x.x

Re: The Beatles posted by Alex Young on April 7, 2016 @ 1:37 amReport this post as inappropriate#10
by Rob De bank Rob De bank is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Yes. I think they are the best band ever existed.

Post a Reply