Music influence posted by Evgeniy Igorevich

7 posts on this topic, 440 views

Post a Reply
Music influence on February 14, 2016 @ 8:24 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Evgeniy Igorevich Evgeniy Igorevich is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hello! When I listen to music, to my favourite bands... will they affect on the music that write? But when I do not listen to music I can't get the inspiration and to get the inspiration I have to listen to music and it can affect on the music that I will write. What to do?

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Music influence posted by Evgeniy Igorevich on February 15, 2016 @ 12:11 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Daniel Dillon Daniel Dillon is currently offline. Click to send a message.

On February 14, 2016 Evgeniy Igorevich wrote:

Hello! When I listen to music, to my favourite bands... will they affect on the music that write? But when I do not listen to music I can't get the inspiration and to get the inspiration I have to listen to music and it can affect on the music that I will write. What to do?

Igor Stravinsky said it best, "good musicians borrow while the great ones steal" So, yes one has to listen to other artists for inspiration, but you use that to begin the creative process, but it can't end there. One has to go beyond the initial inspiration and create something of their own, or you will get sued for copyright infringement. http://www.dandillonmusic.com the first tune was inspired by the Nocturnes of Chopin, but when high level Classical musicians hear the piece, they only hear a Jazz tune. Good luck with your music, Dan

Re: Music influence posted by Evgeniy Igorevich on February 15, 2016 @ 1:02 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Adam Street Adam Street is currently offline. Click to send a message.

listening to music is important for good life, besides that i think that the things you write will always change according to your life route.

it's a good thing, you develop, don't worry about it

one important thing i learnt through my experience is that when you write forget everything, close your eyes and let the inspiration take to the right place..

hope i helped

Re: Music influence posted by Evgeniy Igorevich on February 15, 2016 @ 6:23 amReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Razvan Boroda Razvan Boroda is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Listening to music is crucial for this process. Making music is 90% about stealing from others.
The secret in your case is to get out of the comfort zone and listen to music styles/genres that are not your favorite. They obviously don't have to be some weird borderline insane styles, but music that has been widely been recognized as valuable. For me, classical music did wonders, but I've also fell in love with classic rock, 80's pop, and even dance music after many hours of thorough listening, even if I'm primarily a jazz fan, player and writer.
If you really don't know where to start, I'd compile a few hundred titles off the Billboard charts, starting from 70's to today, and skipping your favorite bands/groups. Do a few listening sessions of those and "wash" your brains with some classical music at the end or beginning of each day.

Re: Music influence posted by Evgeniy Igorevich on February 15, 2016 @ 4:39 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5
by Evgeniy Igorevich Evgeniy Igorevich is currently offline. Click to send a message.

On February 15, 2016 Razvan Boroda wrote:

On February 15, 2016 Razvan Boroda wrote:

Listening to music is crucial for this process. Making music is 90% about stealing from others.
The secret in your case is to get out of the comfort zone and listen to music styles/genres that are not your favorite. They obviously don't have to be some weird borderline insane styles, but music that has been widely been recognized as valuable. For me, classical music did wonders, but I've also fell in love with classic rock, 80's pop, and even dance music after many hours of thorough listening, even if I'm primarily a jazz fan, player and writer.
If you really don't know where to start, I'd compile a few hundred titles off the Billboard charts, starting from 70's to today, and skipping your favorite bands/groups. Do a few listening sessions of those and "wash" your brains with some classical music at the end or beginning of each day.

Thanks for the idea: there are lots of bands whose songs I played with my guitar teacher (Creedence, The Shocking Blue, LZ, The Beatles).

Re: Music influence posted by Evgeniy Igorevich on February 15, 2016 @ 4:40 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6

Thanks for help, guys!

Re: Music influence posted by Evgeniy Igorevich on March 16, 2016 @ 4:57 amReport this post as inappropriate#7
by Rob De bank Rob De bank is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I think that it will affect you're writing when you listen to different kind of music.

Post a Reply