Emily Lynn Resume
| EMILY LYNN
Status: in a relationship
Dress size: 12
Shoe size: 7
• Four years at Leeds College of Music
• One year intensive singing diploma at The Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts Ltd.
• One year Guild Hall School of Music and Drama.
• Three years with Theatre Train.
• Two years with The National Youth Music Theatre.
• MA at Leeds College of Music, specialising in a cappella voice
• BA Popular Music Studies at Leeds College of Music.
• A first in a Diploma at Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts Ltd.
• Drama, Music and Music Technology A-levels.
• LCM, Grade 8 singing & performance.
• Associated Board Grade 8 Classical distinction.
• LCM, Grade 8 Popular Music
• Vocal Coach and producer in studio environment.
• Private Singing lessons.
• Involved in various projects (see below)
• Carnival Conquest experience.
• Teaching for Theatre Train, Sheffield.
• Session vocalist and voice over work throughout the UK, namely Halmark and club nights.
• Played venues such as Jazz CafÃ©, 606 Club, Manchester Pride Festival, Hexham Fest & many more.
• Session vocalist, Leeds & London.
• Function lead & backing vocalist.
• “Here & Now” – Wimbledon Theatre.
• Directing as part of connections scheme at the Albany Theatre.
• “Calling All Stations” – Her Majesty's Theatre.
• NYMT “Generator 1” Craig Miller Castle. Edinburgh Festival.
• “Life and Soul! The Game Show” –Theatre Royal, Drury Lane.
• Cliffs Pavilion Theatre Southend-on-Sea – general office, front of house, box office, advertising, sound, lighting, and backstage.
• “Songs Of The Century” – The Palladium and “Hero's” – Her Majesty's Theatre.
Emily Lynn is an experienced session vocalist based in Leeds who began studying music from an early age. At 4 years she began her classical training in an assortment of disciplines including piano and violin. By 15 her training at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama directed her towards vocal studies and she secured places on both ‘Theatre-Train' and the National Youth Music Theatre soloing in venues such as the Theatre Royal Dury Lane and the Palladium. After completing a vocal diploma at the Italia Conti Academy of Performing Arts London, Emily relocated further north to the Leeds College of Music.
During her time at the college Emily has taken the principles of her classical and musical theatre training and applied them to a diverse and eclectic range of musical styles, with a rich timbre and impressive vocal range she is confident singing in varied genres. Under guidance of several well respected musicians and vocal coaches, Emily has specialised in A capella vocal arrangement and backing vocals. She is currently furthering her studies in Leeds with a Masters in Performance.
Emily has an extremely warm, approachable and personable manner, is a professional performer and good with people. Having a long and experienced history of performances, Emily is available for session and live work and also private vocal coaching.
LINKS AND PROJECTS:
• It Takes Two http://www.myspace.com/553453415 It Takes Two formed in 2006 and since have worked continuously throughout the UK and abroad. The original duo generate immediate interest presenting a powerful mixture of music from 1940's swing to present day chart toppers. While retaining the original theme of piano/vocal, backing tracks are available on request and are made and developed in a state of the art recording facility guaranteeing the highest quality sound. For a Champagne Drinks Reception, It Takes Two will provide the perfect kind of live Background Music that will be unobtrusive enough to enable guests to mingle and chat. The combination of live vocals with live piano accompaniment will also create an ambient musical backdrop to enhance any Wedding Breakfast or Wedding Anniversary Dinner Party. Pre-recorded background music can be provided during rest-breaks between sets and can even be programmed in advance to include some of your favourite songs.
• The Soundpower Orchetsra http://www.soundpowerorchestra.co.uk/SoundPower/Home.html
A contemporary project based in Newcastle that present themed nights in theatres and festivals. Here I have worked with some of the best instrumentalists in the North and also worked alongs
• Vibetown. http://www.vibetown.co.uk
Vibetown are a 6 piece function group who formed at Leeds College of Music In 2005. They are a confident and notably talented unit capable of bringing a warm exciting atmosphere to any venue, party or corporate function
and many more....
Updated: November 9, 2010
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2017 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.