Matthias 'matthew' Weisheit Resume
| R E S U M E
E D U C A T I O N
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
MATTHIAS “MATTHEW” WEISHEIT
Guitarist ~ Bassist ~ Singer ~ Songwriter
Composer ~ Lyricist
Guitar-, Bass & Music Teacher ~ Band Coach
>> Musical Education
Oct. 1979 - Oct. 1982 Tuitions in classical guitar (music school)
1983 – 1993 Autodidactic learning of different guitar techniques and styles, music theory, member of different bands and projects with local CD-releases, various live-concerts, songwriting
March 1993 - March 1994 Scholastics & graduation at the Musicians Institute/G.I.T. (Guitar Institute of Technology) in Hollywood, USA and another year of living, songwriting, experience and travelling in California, throughout the U.S and the east coast until 1995
>> Professional Career
- Self-employed Musician, Guitarist / Bassist / Singer / Songwriter / Composer / Lyricist / Producer
- Own project ”Gasoline” – solo acoustic & full 6-piece band concerts
- Different nominations for the “German Rock & Pop Contest” with “Gasoline” and as a Solo Artist/Songwriter in the categories: song, guitarist, composition, hard & heavy, lyrics etc.
- Guitarplayer with Sacramentos ‘Twitch Angry' at the ‘Monsterfest 2010' in Merced, CA
- A.o. Syria: Indie-CD-release (1996/97 & 2008-2010), live touring,
- Guitar player with “Born Wild”, one of the best rock-cover bands in Germany, various live concerts
- Two times best German contribution for the Song-Expo Benelux Int. Song & Culture Festival
- Signed a Music Licensing Agreement w/ a production company/music library in the USA with clients such as the 'Discovery Channel' (part of the internal catalog), 'MTV Network', 'A&E Network' and film credits such as 'American Gangster' and 'The Bourne Ultimatium'
- Guitar-, Bass-, Music- & Songwriting teacher (state approved) for different music schools
- Teaching with curriculum or private material and individual course of instructions for the students, band coach
- As well as professional training of several local and trans-regional private students, entrance and final examination for int. music schools
- State approved teacher (Germany)
>> Composing & Songwriting
Action Instrumentals (Rock, Heavy, Industrial), Spheric moods, Romantic
Ambient/Jazzy, Tragedy, Happy & Quirky, Horror, Thriller, Guitar/Piano only instrumentals, Swing/Big Band, Classical,
Jingles, Orchestral Scores and Music for TV / Movies, Videogames & Websites, music to exisiting lyrics or v.v.
>> Musical Styles
Rock, Acoustic, Pop, Jazz, Fusion, Classic, (all kinds of) Heavy Metal,
Hard Rock, Blues, Funk, Punk, Country, Alt. Country, Alternative, Hip Hop, Gothic, Electro, etc.
>> Teaching Method
1on1 or group, Yamaha QY Squencer/Live Drums if a set is available, individual consideration of personal goals, personal social background and time management of each student, detail oriented and resourceful
>> Other Instruments & Skills
Bass guitar, Ukulele, Drums, Harmonica, basic Keyboard, prof. Programming (cubase), Songwriting/Composing & Producing/Mixing, Vocals (lead & backing)
>> Languages: English, German
>> Work permits: USA, European Union
Updated: March 20, 2011
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2018 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.