Joanna Frances Rowlands Resume
| HIGHLIGHTS: FUNCTIONS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES SOUTH AFRICA 2008-2010
• Lead vocalist, “Sax and Seduction”, Beverly Hills Hotel, Durban
• Lead Vocalist, Jes Foord Foundation Benefit
• Special guest Artiste, Durban International Blues Festival
• Lead singer in ‘Big Band Magic', Gateway Barnyard Theatre.
• Lead singer with the ‘Little Big Band', Lanzerac Wine Estate Cape Town.
• Lead performer in ‘Those were the days', Grandwest Casino NYE MVG Ball.
2008 - 2009:
• Lead vocalist with ‘Dixie Swingers' on the SAS Mendi for the Volvo Ocean Race.
• Lead vocalist, Umhlanga St Festival, MC and entertainer Umhlanga Summer and Winter Beach Festival.
• Lead performer, Cape Town Parliament, ‘Prohibition Bergie Collective'.
• MC and entertainer, Mother's day, Suncoast Casino.
• Lead performer in “Legends”, Grandwest Casino MVG New Years Ball.
• Woolworths Awards, solo Entertainer.
• Cape Town Parliament: & Mount Nelson Hotel, lead performer: ‘Prohibition Bergie Collective'.
• Heritage Theatre, Durban; lead performer “California Dreaming”.
• Mojo's Blues Club, Durban, “Bad woman feeling good”, One woman show with band Indigo.
• Harare, Zimbabwe: Barnyard Theatre show, lead singer in “Forever Young”,
• Lead singer with ‘In the Mix' and ‘Zenergy' performing at function, corporate and private events at The Cape Town International Convention Centre, V & A Amphitheatre, the V&A Sea Princess, Arabella Sheraton Ballroom, Southern Sun Cullinan, Paulaner Brauhaus and Grandwest Casino.
• Durban July, lead female performer, 60's and 70's show, Heineken tent.
• Durban International Blues Festival, special featured artiste.
• Ushaka, Durban, various corporate functions with all female jazz group “Khula”.
• Barnyard Theatres: lead performer, ‘Swinging 60's' show: Mossel Bay, Franschoek and Plett Bay.
• Fancourt, George – various functions as lead vocalist with ‘In the Mix'.
FUNCTION SINGER, INTERNATIONAL:
Lead vocalist for 7 – 12 piece London based session band, ‘Scaramouch'. Events/functions Included: MI5 Headquarters, Earls Court Stadium, Disneyland Paris, HMS Invincible, Natural History Museum, National Exhibition Centre, Bournemouth International Centre, The Grosvenor Great Room, charity balls in Hong Kong and many more…
VOCAL PERFORMANCES, SOUTH AFRICA:
Lead vocalist - Cape Town Symphony Orchestra, the Jonny Cooper Glen Miller Big Band, Time Machine, Jo Rowlands Band; Splashy Fen, OppiKoppi, Up the Creek, Swazi Spa, Corona Blues Festival, Hermanus Festival and more.
SINGER/ACTRESS - CABARET/ MUSICAL THEATRE:
A variety of national tours including ‘Grease', ‘Simply Blues', ‘The Doowah Girls', ‘The Entertainer', ‘You're a good man Charlie Brown', ‘Blue Valentine', ‘The Entertainer'.
• Composer and vocalist of TV documentary theme song, ‘Just Life'.
• Composer and vocalist of ‘You're a Star' for the annual “Stars for Africa” Concert and CD.
• Co-composer with Robin Auld of European release single, ‘No doubt'.
• Co-composer of original songs with Lynne Holmes, Jorge Arrigone, Bruce Muzic, Stanley Sello.
FILM AND TELEVISION:
Lead, supporting and featured actress – ‘Armageddon, the final return', ‘A voice in the dark', ‘The stay awake', ‘Children's Island', ‘Jollers', ‘Riding High' and many more…
VOICE OVERS AND JINGLES:
Bathroom Bizarre, VW, Martell, Smirnoff, Jack's Paint, various character voices for television programmes ‘Kideo' and ‘Pumpkin Patch'.
Updated: May 11, 2011
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2018 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.