Christopher Tom Tom Thomas Resume
| From Jazz to Reggae and Rhythmn and blues,from gospel to country and Hip-Hop, drummer Chris Thomas is experienced in all musical styles. Chris can lay down a hard-hitting groove right in the pocket. This polished Jamaican drummer schooled in London England, backed such reggae stars as Coco-Tea, Yellowman, Lieutenant Stitchie, Admiral Bailey, and many others with the band "Trevor and the Keystones", based in New Jersey. Other notable performances with,"Hot Streak Band", Easy Street recording artist who had a big hit single called "Body Work"in 1983.
* Recorded Gospel album with Robert Banks at the Platinum Factory N.Y.C.
* Performed in numerous gospel groups and Off Broadway Plays
* Played with Jahmanla Reggae band in San Antonio, shared the stage with the Killer Bees, Wailing Souls, Jimmy Cliff, Itals, Big Mountain and Mutabaruka.
* Played with Ras recording artist the "Buffalo Soldiers"
* Freelanced with San Antonio's premiere reggae band "One Destiny" * Performed workshops with San Antonio Gospel Award winners Dr. Gary Givens and JC Edwards.
* Played with local churches "Reedeming Grace Baptist"/ "New St. Mark Baptist/Antioch Baptist Church and many others.
Chris formed his own reggae band, the Posse regarded as the hottest reggae band in San Antoino. The Posse has worked with the city of San Antonio during Brown Bag Days and the Juneteenth Festival, which was sponsored by the SA Express News. Chis Tom Tom Thomas have performed on several colleges campus's including Palo Alto College Festival, Incarnate Word and Black History Month at San Antonio College.
Organized and planned Concert to benefit American Red Cross
Freelanced with R&B group "Altered Natives" ..mostly 80's disco music like Kool and the Gang; KC and the Sunshine Band etc. Also practicing with bassist Peter Bella and his band Majellin.. Chris can be seen at Santas Place jamming the Blues each Sunday evening.
Currently drumming for Rock group MishMash. http://www.mishmashrocks.com
Updated: October 8, 2009
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2018 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.