| Jacob Kaye drummer, private drum teacher with over 25 years of experience encompassing: stage, screen and television. The accolades began when introduced to audiences at the early age of 11 - performing at DuPont family weddings. Kaye's career continued with performances with Boise Lowery (Clifford Brown's first music teacher) and continued with events like performances at the first DuPont's Clifford Brown Jazz Festival. In 1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band, in wardrobe, as musician-extras). See below for more info.
Professional Synopses: Music Festivals, Concerts, Clubs, Private Events, Music Clinics. Shortly after receiving a "performance-based" grant for studies at the, now, University of the Arts, in Phila. he was contracted as a musician with the U.S. Marine Corps Music Program. For next several years the musical experiences included:
* Three continents (Europe, Asia, North America)
* Six countries (Japan, Netherlands, Bermuda, Iceland, Canada, United States)
* Numerous U.S. Cities, East & West Coasts
Performing diverse music styles, including:
* Small Group Jazz
* Big Band
* Rock - Top 40 - "Covers"
* Broadway Show-Tunes
* Drum Corps Style
* Orchestral - Concert Band
* Latin Styles
* Contemporary and Pop music styles
Performances with U.S. Marine Corps Music Program (1980 - 1993) Musician: Music Arranger, Featured Drum Set: Big Band, Small Group Jazz, Top 40 "Show Band", Section Leader for Drum-Corps Style, & Principal Percussionist for Concert Band
* (see above) Musician movie-extra Disney Movie Studios - *
* Lee Greenwood - Grammy Award and multi-platinum entertainer ("G-d Bless the USA", single) *
* Several T.V. appearances - on Good Morning America, T.V. Special in support of the 1984 US Olympics (Robin Williams, George Burns, Peter Faulk, Bread, etc.)
* USO Shows
* Performance with Los Angeles pops orchestra
* Big Band opens for B. B. King at the Florida Jazz Festival
* Featured drum set soloist at U.S. Armed Forces School of Music Clinic (Virginia)
* Performance at All Eastern Band and Instrumental Clinic (Chicago)
* Ceremonial Performances - entertainment for Former Presidents Ford and Reagan, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Albert, Clint Eastwood, Sandra Locke, Caesar Romero. Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck. Bob Hope,
Performances before and after the USMC
* Wilmington Jazz Festival (Sean Koonce - Berklee grad, sidemen from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, "Philly" Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Hubert Laws, Buddy Rich bands)
* Performances with Boise Lowery ( Jazz Legend - Clifford Brown's initial music teacher) and...
* Johnny Neel (Grammy nominated keyboard player, formerly with the Allman Brothers Band.)
* Hal Schiff (notable tenor player and leader of American Youth Jazz Band) and...
* Delaware Symphony Orchestra (percussionist)
* Piamenta ( N.Y. based group)
* Zemer (Toronto based group)
* Clubs, Weddings, receptions (DuPont family, etc.)
* Wilmington School of Music (former faculty member)
On an International-Level Jacob has performed, among others, before:
* Queen Elizabeth II
* Former President Reagan
* Former President Ford
* Prince Albert
* Clint Eastwood
* Sandra Locke
* Caesar Romero
* Kirk Douglas
* Gregory Peck
* Bob Hope
Jacob, a former student of Jim Chapin & Michael Bookspan, an accomplished private teacher, is versatile enough to teach ALL drumming styles - authentically! His concepts and techniques have been proven over and over again through the years that they apply equally to ALL contemporary music. His current projects include Private Teaching his Band.
Updated: July 28, 2011
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2017 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.