Need help from someone who understands 32-bit VSTs.... posted by Christopher Burke

Display the complete Topic discussion.
Need help from someone who understands 32-bit VSTs.... on August 12, 2021 @ 1:42 pm
by Christopher Burke Christopher Burke is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Dear Anyone.

Really, I'm trying to wrap my head around VSTs and synths and samplers and what the differences are and all the rest of it - I'm confused dot com central. Hokay.

Here's an example of the kind of sounds I'm TRYING to get my hands on....

Any/all olf those sounds. They've been making music since 32-bit days, sorry my DAW's 32-bit, at lease I UNDERSTAND it, I don't understand these 64-bit nightmares but anyway. I keep on downloading VST synths, some free, some demo, no cracked stuff (promise!) and all the ones I've found so far are bleep-bleep-bloop-bloop. Maybe excellent quality bleeps and bloops but that's all they are.

So if you were in a Magical VST Shop and wanted something with the kind of sounds in the above on it, what would you be asking for? Is it still called a synth? Or is it a sampler? I honestly am stumped as to when one becomes the other and what the differences are.

If you JUST wanted a nice collection of those kinda sounds - or a collection of 'building brick' sounds you could piece together into multis and save the multis, like you can do in the Korg M1 Emulator - which I have but its sounds aren't as lush as these and I'd REALLY love these lush ones! - what would you go for? All these people on YouTube have these kinda sounds, I've actually asked them on their websites but they won't tell me what they're using (dunno why, I'm not trying to rip them off!) and I flat don't know what to get.

Sorry I'm 32-bit. I'm disabled and they never updated the disability software I use and I don't know anyone to talk me through these 64-bit nightmares!

To summarise, two questions here, really. First one is, is whatever's making the sounds in the example a vsit SYNTH or a vst SAMPLER and what's the difference between the two? And what do I need to buy to get my hands on either these kind of sounds as patches/presets or, preferably, lots of building blocks I could build up into multis, like on the Korg M1 Emulator, and then save the multis, just so I'm not forever EQing bits of the patch I don't want out the way. And so I can have my own sounds and ring the changes a bit!

Yours very confusedly,

Chris.