Rudolph Sofron posted by Ribbons & Strings Ensembles

Related Links

Violin Sheet Music
to download instantly

Display the complete Topic discussion.
Rudolf Sofron violin maker.....anyone heard of him? on November 17, 2009 @ 7:38 am
by Ribbons & Strings Ensembles Ribbons & Strings Ensembles is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi Fellow Musicians!

I am desperately seeking info about the Czech violin maker (Rudolf Sofron) who was actively making violins in the 1940s (maybe before and/or after). I have a violin made by him from an estate inheritance. So far, I have found one other one made by him at this website:

http://www.geigenbauatelier-ulm.de/violinen_shop.html

Number 19 at this site was made by him in 1944 in Prague. The one I have was also made by him in 1944 in Prague.

This is what it says about this on line violin (the one which is #19 on the above site):

Sehr gut erhaltene Prager Violine mit Etikett
Rudolf Sofron, Praha 1944, Perfekter Zustand, spielfertiges Instrument mit leichter Ansprache - which translates to
"Very well maintained violin from Prague with label Rudolf Sofron, Prague 1944, perfect condition, instrument ready to play with light address (use)."

If any of you have heard of this maker or have any ideas about how I can find out more, please go into this forum and reply. GREATLY APPRECIATED. Deb