Re: Jacob Collier is overrated and I would love an opinion. posted by posted by rohan jadhav

Display the complete Topic discussion.
Jacob Collier is overrated and I would love an opinion. on June 5, 2020 @ 7:44 am
by rohan jadhav rohan jadhav is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Jacob is an extremely good instrumentalist. He knows quite a few instruments pretty good, has a great ear and a good voice.

I have trouble with his artistry. It is limited to what I like to think of as chop music. I would want to assume I'm stupid to not understand a depth in his artistry, but really it seems like a stack of harmonies, rhythms and melodies in terms of ‘concepts'.

I personally don't want to hear humans trying to become absolute machines. Drummer Thomas Lang is a good example. He is technically a terminator, but still people don't play him on their records as often even though everybody loves his chops.

Jacob is too good to get feedback and seems like he's getting farther and farther from comprehensible, enjoyable and imperfect music. What's worse is some people contend that he might be ‘the greatest musician'. I disagree with this completely.