Luana Ioannou Resume
Ph.D. Luana Ioannou: Musician, composer, arranger, pianist, teacher
Luana Ioannou was born in Romania and started her music education at the "Ion Vidu" National College of Arts Timisoara. She continued her studies at the Music Department of the University of Arts "George Enescu" Iasi, graduating successfully with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Pedagogy and Classical Piano Performance. Several years later Luana achieved her PhD in Music from National University of Music Bucharest. She also improved her Music Technology & Music Production skills by achieving the Orchestration and Music Creation Certificate from S.A.E. Institute Athens.
Luana Ioannou participated at many public concerts playing Piano Solo and Chamber Music, and won Awards and Prizes at various Piano and Composition Contests. She also is the author of several books, works on music, piano books and poetry books published in Romania and/or Greece.
Currently, she is living in Athens and teaching piano at the College of Music. Her skills on composition allow her to deal with all kinds of music from classical to jazz , from pop to ethno and from using conventional instruments to electronic sound & music technology.
- Piano Performer Certificate/Diploma- Music College Timisoara 1981/Nakas Conservatory Athens 1997
- B.A. degree in Music - National Music Academy Iassy 1988
- D.M.A. (Ph.D) in Music, Musicology - National Music Academy Bucuresti 2008
- Orchestration & Music Creation Course - S.A.E. Athens 2010
- 3rd Prize - National Professional Piano Competition (Romania- 1980)
- 1st Prize - National Competition of Artistic Performance, Piano Section (Romania-1985)
- 2nd Prize - International Composition Competition "Lucian Blaga" (Romania-1995)
- Special Prize - Hellenic Composition Festival for Chamber Music (Greece-2003)
- 2nd Prize - Makemusic Contest, PodcastingSection (Greece-2007)
Papers, Esseys, Music Publications (selection)
- Modern Piano, istoric evolution and sound inovations - Eurobit,2007 - ISBN 978-973-620-318-3
- The Sound, primordial cosmic element - Eurobit,2008 - ISBN 978-973-620-404-3
- Music and Mathematics, from Pithagoras to Xenakis - Eurobit,2008 - ISBN 978-973-620-405-3
- Sound and Timbre Innovative Techniques in Contemporary Piano Compositions - Solness,2010 - ISBN 978-973-729-240-7
- Witchcraft (2004) - Suite for Strings (Orchestra or Quintet) and Piano with recitation
- Dodone Theater's Ruin (2003) for String Sextet and Percussion (based on an Ancient Greek Theme)
- Ichorama (2001) - Soundtrack for an interactive presentation
- Notes and Colors (2001) - 14 Songs for Children
- 7 Preludes (1998) for Piano Solo
- Thoughts From My Diary (1997) for Two Pianos
- Sonata I (1995) for Piano Solo
- Pieces for Choir, Songs, etc.
Updated: September 16, 2012
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2021 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.