Gilles Alan Premel-katzin Resume
19 rue franĂ§ois roganneau
33300 Bordeaux France
Musician percussionist specializing in Afro-Caribbean music, Afro-Cuban and Afro-Brazilian and African sources.
Instruments played: conga, bongo, timbales, bata, berimbau, timba, repinique, pandeiro, tamborim, reco-reco, chĂ©kĂ©rĂ©, agogo, gan, cajon Peruvian cajon Cuban quijada, surdo.drums
French-american, born on 01 September 1961 at Versailles.
Qualifications: Musician percussionist specializing in Afro-Caribbean music, Afro-Cuban and Afro-Brazilian and theyre African sources.
Researcher: work in progress on Yoruba, Fon, Congo percussion and their transpositions in Latin America and their interchanges with the Western world.music of the last century.
Experience and Training
1975: Conservatory 4th sector of Paris with Francoise Gagneux, specialization comtemporary drums and percussion.
1976: School Circus Gruss in the mime department .
1978: Graduated from b.a.f.a, training with the F.C.V.F. And C.P.C.V. On the visual arts. (Resp. R.robert probation.)this diploma is a state diploma that enables you to work in any part of france
with children from 4 on to 17 years of age.
1979: Congolese percussion with ZEBILA Lucky at the American Center in Paris (the crossroads of cultures from Africa).
1980: Traditional Percussion Haitian and Cuban with John AMIRA at Naropa Center in Boulder Colorado USA.
1982-84: Percussion Afro-caribean with Allan sylva and his C.C.O (Celestrial Comunications Orchestra) taught thereafter in his I.A.C.P institute in Paris.
1984: Brazilian Percussion with Bira Almeida "Mestre accordion" world-renowned and instigator of the Capoeira in the U.S.A. As musical director and composer of the famous group of Sanfran-cisco corpo santo.
1985:assisting cuban percussion with Jerry GONZALES (Assistant in Paris at the center of dance rue de Clichy on his afro-cuban percussion workshop))
1988-89: Afro-cuban workshop in matanzas with LOS MUĂ±EQUITOS of MATANZAS in Cuba. Diploma 3rd degree at the CONJUNTO FOLKLORICO Nacional de Cuba, Havana.
1989-90: Cuban Percussion with Roger FIXI, learning drums and the yoruba and Congo cycles..
photo gil batterie pour page web - obatala - 27.jpg
Experience in teaching professional
1995-98: C.I.A.M. (Center for Investigation and Activities Musicales-Bordeaux) Professor of Percussion and Afro-cubaines Afro-brĂ©siliennes, instigator of the program of Latin percussion and its Instrumentarium.
1997-2001 C.F.A.T. (Training Center for the Arts Traditionnelles-Bordeaux) Professor of Percussion and Afro-cuban Afro-brazillian percussion classes and Director of the polyrhythmic workshop in the school.
2001-2004 Conservatorio Josafat Roel pineda Lima, Peru, percussion residency on origins of west africa in Latin America and the Caribbean, their influences in the music of this century in modern music.
2002-2005: E.N.M.D.T. (National Conservatory of Dance and Music GABRIEL FAURE - AngoulĂȘme) Professor teacher on Percussive Afro Caribbean and Latin music in orchestras (see program this year): many Metis music projects.
i like this one.....jpg
In the following groups:
- The first part has olympia with Paul Mindi
- Jazz festival in OrlĂ©ans with the C.C.O Allan Sylva
- Developing a bloco de samba for the Mardi Gras carnival in San Francisco invited by Bira Almeida, musician, writer, researcher and founder of W.C.A. (World Capoeira Association).
From that experience, he created the first "batteria" samba in Santa -FĂ©, Nuevo Mexico, U.S.A. (Banda girasol.) Director, "bateria" in several samba schools in France: "AXE" in Paris, "Sarava" in Tours, "Macunaima" in Bordeaux, and then form the group "Timbalada Urbana" ethnic-mĂ©tisse together.
foto gilles conga.jpg
- Musician percussionist with TUPI-NAGO Samba- Reggae Band. The group took its musical sources in the region of Salvador de Bahia, the bastion of Afro-Brazilian culture. The group was sponsored by Etienne Roda-Gil and RĂ©my Kolpa-Kopoul journalist with "Liberation" expert on Brazilian music. European Tour and the first part of Brazilian artists such as Joao Bosco, Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil.Puis discographic production group under the label Melody Music and caramba productions.
Gilles handbill re-done.jpg
- Musician for ILU-YENKORI percussionist of the group, bata drums and songs dedicated to Afro-Cuban and Yoruba pantheon, as well as countries belonging to ex-royaumes of Dahomey, (Togo, Ghana, Benin.) . This group of dancers, singers and percussionists were among the first in France to promote the cultures of this panthĂ©on.grace the hard work of fixi roger.
TEACHING AT THE I.R.E.M. SCHOOL OF MUSIC IN BORDEAUX since 2010.
Updated: January 27, 2012
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2018 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.