Albert Authority Resume
| Albert Authority
Good music instructors like Albert Authority, who works well with people of various temperaments and abilities are difficult to come by. I feel qualified to teach music and to do so in a way that each student feels special, valued, encouraged and engaged. I do not only teach music theory and voice lessons, but also instruct on virtually all the instruments in the symphony orchestra – One person to fit into the role of many which makes for cost effectiveness and yet a good run for your money.
Music (Secondary & Elementary).
January 2011 - Master of Arts in Music, (Theory and composition) UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, AKOKA, LAGOS, NIGERIA.
September 2000 - Bachelor of Arts in Music, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, UNUGU, NIGERIA.
August 1998 - Diploma in Music Education, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, UNUGU, NIGERIA.
MYP & IGCSE Music Teacher: James Hope College (Delta State, Nigeria, West Africa) August 2013 to date.
- Head of Department – M.A.D.D. (Music, Arts, Drama and Design & Technology.) 2016 to date.
- Orchestra / Band leader – whole school, 2013 to date
PYP, IGCSE & IB Music Teacher: Greensprings School (Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria) August 2008 to July 2013.
- Foundation class (Montessori) music teacher, Elementary general music (KS1&2), Secondary IGCSE Music (KS 3&4), IB Music and IBDP Private / Home Tutor.
PYP & WAEC Music Teacher: Pampers Group of Schools (Surulere, Lagos) March 2003 to July 2008.
September 2019 (On going) - Certificate for American Teacher Licensure,
TEACH-NOW GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION, WASHINGTON D.C. 20006 USA
December 2014 to November 2018
- Certificate of training from Educare, United Kingdom, for completing courses on
- Safeguarding vulnerable young people - Preventing bullying - Child protection in sport & active leisure
- Understanding special education needs (SEN) - Engaging with SEN – Child exploitation and online safety
- Gifted and talented learners / Attention deficit hyperactive disorder - Child neglect - Child protection
- Equality and diversity - Engaging professional development – The reflective Teacher - Health and safety.
August 2017 / February 2018 - Certificate For Training by Blue-Ocean Strategy Limited On
- STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT SKILLS FOR SCHOOL TEACHERS - STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP COURSE FOR TEACHERS
August 2016 - Certificate In Choral Conducting,
HAROLD ROSENBAUM CHORAL CONDUCTING INSTITUTE, UNIVERSITY OF BUFFALO, NY USA.
August 2015 - Certificate in the Art of Choral Conducting course, SHERBORNE MUSCI SCHOOL, DORSET, UK.
July 2013 - Certificate in Teaching and Leadership -Improving Educational Practice,
CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION CENTRE, ROBINSON COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY, UK.
April 2013 - Certificate in Montessori - Early Life Education, GREENSPRINGS MONTESSORI CENTRE, NIGERIA.
October 2009 to January 2010
- Certificate for training at Greensprings School Lagos on the courses:
COOPERATIVE LEARNING, DIFFERENTIATION TEACHING AND LEARNING, STRATEGIC CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT.
ï‚§ I am a goal getter.
ï‚§ Through musical activities, I intend to make any School I work, the best place to be for students and staff alike. I have been able to consistently achieve this for the past 18 years irrespective of cultural diversity, religious view and social norms prevalent in and around the school community.
ï‚§ I am experienced in working with various age groups from pre-school age (3 years) to the 12th grade.
ï‚§ I organize annual city-wide musical concert in my school.
ï‚§ I ensure that every student in my college plays at least a musical instrument.
ï‚§ I am the music director of my community choir where through voluntary service, I am able to positively impact the lives of young adults through music.
ï‚§ I feel joyed seeing these youths happy, united and sharing common life transforming skills. Some of their parents too, gave feedbacks of how they were able to walk out of depression and emotionally traumatic situations through the therapeutic music sessions I have had with them.
- Advanced I.T. skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, with certification from IB Imagine Academy.
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve set goals through shared decision making and giving concise feedback to students.
- Ability to impart transferable skill on Trumpet, Saxophones, Piano, Trombone, Euphonium, Clarinet to students of different ages.
- Ability to keep every student engaged during music lessons and organize periodic musical shows / concerts of high standard.
- Ability to deliver the IGCSE, MYP, PYP, IB Diploma, IPC, GCE, WAEC curricula in music.
- Ability to work under pressure, follow instructions, meet deadlines in order to achieve organizational targets.
Extra-curricular Work & Leadership
- House leader, form tutor, coordinator music orchestra music club, member of the medial team, swimming coac
Updated: April 30, 2020
Notice: This Website takes advantage of web standards that your browser may be unable to support. This site may not display in the way it was intended in some browsers. However the page content should still be perfectly viewable in any internet capable device.
© 1999-2021 Musicians Page and Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved.