Re: Need Suggestions - Powerpoint? posted by Silver Mathis posted by S posted by Silver Mathis

2 posts on this topic, 5795 views

Post a Reply
Need Suggestions - Powerpoint? on May 10, 2014 @ 9:50 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Silver Mathis Silver Mathis is currently offline. Click to send a message.
I am a single act. I play acoustic guitar and sing mainly classic rock.

I have about 500 songs done in word and mostly in 18 font, all with the chords and words, and even the arrangement. I found that my memory isn't what it used to be (been playing for a long time) so for each gig I figure out what songs I want to play for each set and place them in 4 binders (one for each set). (No, the audience don't seem to mind that I am reading from music.) I find that this is getting more and more difficult, and a lot of work, especially when requests come in. Does anyone know of a sofware that I could take each word document and place it in something similar to a powerpoint presentation. This way I could click on the right arrow when I finish one song and go to the next right on my laptop. I also want to be able to stop in the middle if I have to and retrieve a requested song and then go back to the "slideshow." I'm hoping there is something out there that I could use the word documents and not have to convert them to .jpg. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Need Suggestions - Powerpoint? on June 3, 2014 @ 7:14 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Chad Musicians Page Chad Musicians Page is currently offline. Click to send a message.
Hi there - are you wanting to use a laptop live? I think the easiest way of doing this would be to use something like an iPad or other tablet - There are many apps that can be used where you can quickly select through documents and swipe pages like a book ... also it's more compact and easy to take around to shows...

Is this sheet music that you are using?

Best,

Chad

Reply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply