songwriting posted by David Scott Mayes

2 posts on this topic, 1719 views

Post a Reply
songwriting on February 16, 2022 @ 4:17 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by David Scott Mayes David Scott Mayes is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi, this is David Scott Mayes. I am also looking to improve my songwriting skills as well. I have three hard rock bands to write songs for, as well as my blues solo band. And I want to find resources that will be able to do that for me. As I do not want someone else to write songs for me. I'll take all ideas that come my way. So please email me with anything that you know of that could assist me with this, please.Thank you. David Scott Mayes

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: songwriting posted by David Scott Mayes on April 3, 2023 @ 3:44 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Carolina Escalona Carolina Escalona is currently offline. Click to send a message.

On February 16, 2022 David Scott Mayes wrote:

Hi, this is David Scott Mayes. I am also looking to improve my songwriting skills as well. I have three hard rock bands to write songs for, as well as my blues solo band. And I want to find resources that will be able to do that for me. As I do not want someone else to write songs for me. I'll take all ideas that come my way. So please email me with anything that you know of that could assist me with this, please.Thank you. David Scott Mayes

Hello David

I think you'll do better with a type of music similar to what you listen to the most. Take your favorite songs, what you usually play, those pieces that come out best for you. Rehearse them. Try to create something similar (without copying), as you would in your style. Put all the pieces together like a puzzle, sticking them together like creating something new. Put some of your spirit into it, give something you want to say, and with some of your current emotional state. As long as you add more "material" of yours, something more original can come out. Then take it to your band, so you can rehearse it and they can add more personal stuff. Who knows? Maybe it's the next grammy

Good luck!

Carolina

Reply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply