Re: App for musicians with map feature and availability chart posted b posted by TrumpetNick

5 posts on this topic, 3149 views

Post a Reply
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Musicians Page has limited control about the legitimacy of posted opportunities. Be sure to read our Terms of use before taking any action, and be always aware of possible frauds. Avoid to apply for jobs/opportunities asking for up-front money or requesting sensitive documents or information such as passports, credit card numbers, etc. If you think this opportunity may be a fraud, please contact us promptly.

App for musicians with map feature and availability chart on June 3, 2018 @ 10:12 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by TrumpetNick TrumpetNick is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Is there an Android app where musicians cannot only build a profile, but also put in the days of their future availability and eventually how far are they willing to travel, so orchestra bands and managers can instantly see who is available where on the map?

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: App for musicians with map feature and availability chart posted b on June 3, 2018 @ 9:23 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Hi Nikolay and thank you for your question.

I am not aware of an Android app with those features, but that's actually something we could do here on MP. Would you be interested in that?

Re: App for musicians with map feature and availability chart posted b on June 4, 2018 @ 8:06 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by TrumpetNick TrumpetNick is currently offline. Click to send a message.

That's certainly a possibility. In my country where I currently work there are a lot of orchestra musicians that could possibly get more work if a manager can just open an app or website and see who is available in a given time frame and area instead of calling everyone he knows in the hope that someone is free.

I am quite confident that other formations like big bands, brass bands, concert bands and various projects looking for subs will be very happy to have such a feature

Edited by TrumpetNick on June 4, 2018 @ 10:17 amReply to this message by quoting it
Re: App for musicians with map feature and availability chart posted b on June 4, 2018 @ 6:41 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Thank you for your reply and provided information Nikolay, we'll surely consider to add such a feature to Musicians Page!

I'll keep you posted

Re: App for musicians with map feature and availability chart posted b on February 2, 2021 @ 7:58 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5
by Culin Culin is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi! there is such an app, it is called gigglemusic, available both on Android and iOS.

It's exactly what you need.

On June 3, 2018 TrumpetNick wrote:

Is there an Android app where musicians cannot only build a profile, but also put in the days of their future availability and eventually how far are they willing to travel, so orchestra bands and managers can instantly see who is available where on the map?

Post a Reply