Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson posted by Rick Dickson

8 posts on this topic, 1442 views

Post a Reply
Trying to post question to General Forum on May 24, 2019 @ 11:54 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Rick Dickson Rick Dickson is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi. I'm trying to post a question on the General Forum, but the site keeps redirecting me to my profile page. Is the General Forum restricted in some way? Thank you for taking my question. --Rick

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson on May 25, 2019 @ 12:17 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*
That's strange Rick, that shouldn't happen.

I am wondering if you are trying to post some contents that is rejected by our system for some reason.

Could you please tell me what you are trying to post?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson on May 27, 2019 @ 3:08 amReport this post as inappropriate#3

Hi Fabrizio. Actually, I'm able to post now, so whatever was happening, it's resolved now. I do have another question, though: I'm planning to create a survey on Survey Monkey to run some ideas about recording studio needs by a large group of people. Does this forum allow for external links to surveys?

On May 25, 2019 Fabrizio Ferrari wrote:
That's strange Rick, that shouldn't happen.

I am wondering if you are trying to post some contents that is rejected by our system for some reason.

Could you please tell me what you are trying to post?

Thank you.

Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson on May 27, 2019 @ 4:38 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Good to know that Rick.

Yes, of course, if your survey is music related, I don't see why we shouldn't allow to be linked.

Please, let me know if anything else happens or if you need any further help.

All the best,

Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson on May 28, 2019 @ 9:07 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5

Thank you again. Back to the original problem, which is happening again: When I click New Topic within the General Forum, the site sends me to my profile page instead of the page that lets me set a subject & message. Any suggestions on how to resolve? --Rick

Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson on May 28, 2019 @ 10:15 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6

Thank you Rick for providing more details about this issue, which seems to happen again.

We have tested what you are describing and can't reproduce the problem.

Please, confirm me you are clicking the blue NEW TOPIC button at the top of this page:

https://www.musicianspage.com/forums/general/general/

If so, can you try to use a different browser? Otherwise, could you please tell me what browser you are using?

Thank you again.

Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson on May 28, 2019 @ 11:24 pmReport this post as inappropriate#7

Confirmed! I click on New Topic and it sends me to the Control Panel. That happens in Chrome. However, I tested in Firefox, and the problem didn't happen. . .at least the first time. . .don't know about future attempts.

Edited by Rick Dickson on May 28, 2019 @ 11:27 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Trying to post question to General Forum posted by Rick Dickson po on May 29, 2019 @ 3:26 pmReport this post as inappropriate#8

Thank you Rick for your provided information.

I guess your Chrome browser needs to have its cache cleaned. Please, try the following:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More https://storage.googleapis.com/support-kms-prod/ArAlBcUAe8h1l5m69uxnwElxkqwW0QdtIc3F" width="18" height="18" alt="More" title="More">.
  3. Click More tools https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=h18" width="auto" height="18" alt="and then" title="and then"> Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, All time.
  5. Next to "Cached images and files," check the box. Leave out the other two options (history and cookies)
  6. Click Clear data.

Then, try again and let me know if the problem has disappeared.

Thanks!

Post a Reply