Re: Which Yamaha Alto Saxophone Is Best posted by Andersen posted by Andersen

Related Links

Saxophone Sheet Music
to download instantly

3 posts on this topic, 1613 views

Post a Reply
Which Yamaha Alto Saxophone Is Best on August 19, 2022 @ 5:43 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Andersen Andersen is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone of you guys here at sax on the web could tell me which Yamaha alto saxophone model is the best. I am interested in these saxophones but want info on them like, which responds the best, does it finger easy, and does it have a nice tone. If you could please help that would be great.

Also if you have any sound clips I would enjoy them.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Which Yamaha Alto Saxophone Is Best posted by Andersen on August 19, 2022 @ 8:52 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Steve Lesio Steve Lesio is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Personally, I play a YAS-62 with a 62 neck. Yamaha offers a variety of necks if you don't like the one that comes with it.

The 62 is the more affordable pro model they offer, but I didn't buy it because of the cheaper price. I just liked the sound I got on it and felt it was a little more free blowing than their custom models.

You don't say what your playing level is? If you are a beginner I would suggest the YAS-23 or 26, student model. They are of good quality and you should be able to find a used one in good condition for around 600 bucks. Don't buy a new student model, it's not worth it since you will only be looking to upgrade in a couple years.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Which Yamaha Alto Saxophone Is Best posted by Andersen on August 23, 2022 @ 4:18 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Luka Haiden Luka Haiden is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I don't how much Alto saxophone Yamaha's have but i know that YAS-280 is a great one from Yamaha. If you haven't been able to find info then can check this article here. fairly expencive lightewight alto saxophone is perfect for beginners and students.

Edited by Luka Haiden on August 25, 2022 @ 2:06 amReply to this message by quoting it
Post a Reply