Peg keeps coming loose posted by Meraki

Related Links

Violin Sheet Music
to download instantly

6 posts on this topic, 1767 views

Post a Reply
Peg keeps coming loose on March 21, 2018 @ 1:54 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Meraki Meraki is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Ive been trying to tune my g string but the peg keeps coming loose. It wont stay still. How do i fix i

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Peg keeps coming loose posted by Meraki on March 21, 2018 @ 5:02 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Here are two easy tips for you:

1. If your pegs are too loose, rub some Rosin on them (yes, the same Rosin you use for your bow), and that'll make the trick to make them "stick" to their hole.

2. If your pegs are too hard to turn or stuck, use body powder to loose them up (yes, the one you may use after a shower or bath)

I hope that helps!

Best,

Fabrizio

Re: Peg keeps coming loose posted by Meraki on March 22, 2018 @ 3:56 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Paul Mak Paul Mak is currently offline. Click to send a message.

The other thing to watch for is tuning your instrument when it's cold(er), then warming it up (more - temperature is relative). When the instrument warms up (and it won't take much) the pegs can pop.

Otherwise Fabrizio has good advice.

Re: Peg keeps coming loose posted by Meraki on September 3, 2020 @ 6:34 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by David Anthony David Anthony is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Thanks for helpful information...

Re: Peg keeps coming loose posted by Meraki on September 3, 2020 @ 7:35 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

You are most welcome! Any time

Re: Peg keeps coming loose posted by Meraki on September 25, 2023 @ 7:07 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6

Well, that'd damage the instrument. Don't use glue!!

Post a Reply