What's a good violin brand? posted by Brown

Related Links

Violin Sheet Music
to download instantly

4 posts on this topic, 2082 views

Post a Reply
What's a good violin brand? on April 13, 2018 @ 3:30 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Brown Brown is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I'm thinking about signing up for violin class. My online girlfriend loves classical music and always wanted to date a musician so, I was thinking of learning the violin before we meet up for the first time in an upcoming international dating social event in a couple of months. I've already researched a few good music schools or local instructors who are willing to come over to my place for the lessons but the only problem is, I don't know squat about buying a violin myself. I could always ask the clerks at the music shop but I'm afraid they might sales-talk to me on getting the expensive but fragile one. I want something I can use and can withstand my noob playing for a few months and not break on me. Nothing grand but nothing too local is what I'm looking for. Musicians out here, please help me out.

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: What's a good violin brand? posted by Brown on April 16, 2018 @ 2:09 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Hi Jimmy and thank you for your posting.

Well, all that depends by your budget. The cheapest violins (playable!) starts at around $300-$400, usually made in China, but if you are willing to pay more, you can find good violins for around $800-$1000 (US dollars).

A good place to start could be your local music shop. People there usually can help you in the choice, and they can order the right instrument for you.

Of course, you can find and buy instruments online, but I'd suggest that only if you know already what to buy.

I hope this helps!

Re: What's a good violin brand? posted by Brown on March 28, 2019 @ 3:50 amReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Charles Martin Charles Martin is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Here are our choices for top 5 best violin brands. Of course, there more than 5 violin brands out there and your teacher might suggest other brands that is not in this list. It's dependent on teacher's experiences. This list is just a recommendation. Hope this help!

Re: What's a good violin brand? posted by Brown on August 9, 2019 @ 11:08 amReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Marj Gomez  

violin.Depending on your budget. But I suggest that you buy a student violin if you are really just starting up.

But if you have the money, check out fiddlerman's violins as a start. I like the hiroshi kono violin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtSAyRRU3_M

Or chinese violins like

Post a Reply