Attention! Work in Iraq!!! posted by Nick Plankin

14 posts on this topic, shown 1-14, 1912 views

Post a Reply
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Musicians Page has limited control about the legitimacy of posted opportunities. Be sure to read our Terms of use before taking any action, and be always aware of possible frauds. Avoid to apply for jobs/opportunities asking for up-front money or requesting sensitive documents or information such as passports, credit card numbers, etc. If you think this opportunity may be a fraud, please contact us promptly.

Attention! Work in Iraq!!! on March 7, 2018 @ 11:49 amReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Nick Plankin Nick Plankin is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Dear colligues, recently there were employers offering jobs in a region unsafe for life, such as, Iraq or Kurdistan, which is on the border with Syria and Baghdad is also in the same place. Recommendation: THINK, THINK 100 TIMES before agreeing to such contracts, unsafe for your life. I was there on a visit for a month, just seating on a barrel of gunpowder... Regards.

Edited by Nick Plankin on March 29, 2018 @ 10:41 amReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin on March 9, 2018 @ 8:55 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Catherine Stay Catherine Stay is currently offline. Click to send a message.

thanks for the warning =)

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin on March 9, 2018 @ 10:11 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Cassette Covers Cassette Covers is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Thanks!!!

On March 7, 2018 Nick Plankin wrote:

Dear colligues, recently there were employers offering jobs in a region unsafe for life, such as, Iraq or Kurdistan, which is on the border with Syria and Baghdad is also in the same place. Recommendation: THINK, THINK 100 TIMES before agreeing to such contracts, unsafe for your life. I was there on a visit for a month, just seating on a barrel of gunpowder... Regards.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin on March 10, 2018 @ 1:43 amReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Thank you Nick for warning about this. We really care about jobs posted on Musicians Page and I'd like to learn more about this.

Could you please tell me the exact URL (web address) of such jobs you mentioned? I'd like to have a better look at those, just for safety purposes, and eventually remove them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin on March 10, 2018 @ 9:39 amReport this post as inappropriate#5

On March 10, 2018 Fabrizio Ferrari wrote:

Thank you Nick for warning about this. We really care about jobs posted on Musicians Page and I'd like to learn more about this.

Could you please tell me the exact URL (web address) of such jobs you mentioned? I'd like to have a better look at those, just for safety purposes, and eventually remove them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again.

Hello, this is what I ve found and there are applicants even: http://www.musicianspage.com/jobs/5915/?yourjobs=1&manage=e7f7fb15f4981b0d7c2ed7db808741e4&fullinfo=1&tab=

Edited by Nick Plankin on March 10, 2018 @ 9:40 amReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 10, 2018 @ 10:23 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6
by Fabrizio Ferrari Fabrizio Ferrari is currently offline. Click to send a message.  *ADMINISTRATOR*

Thank you Nick, we'll do some research on that job poster, and I'll post the results here.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 11, 2018 @ 12:38 pmReport this post as inappropriate#7

On March 10, 2018 Fabrizio Ferrari wrote:

Thank you Nick, we'll do some research on that job poster, and I'll post the results here.

Thank you, I wish I could warn those applicants as well.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 11, 2018 @ 5:51 pmReport this post as inappropriate#8

Nick, we have just done some more research, and also got in touch with that job poster, and everything seems to be legitimate. Those jobs are for a legitimate restaurant located in Erbil, Iraq:

https://goo.gl/maps/va5r2menrgH2

Of course, not all areas of Iraq are dangerous, so I think we are safe to keep those jobs posted on our site. Also, that job poster has posted several jobs on the past few years, always related to that restaurant, and never had any issues. Good history is also a good sign.

Please, let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. I think all this should make everyone feel more comfortable.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 11, 2018 @ 8:27 pmReport this post as inappropriate#9

no, no, noway. I lived exactly in Erbil, I stayed 1 month from the end of September till the end of October. It is not safe there even now. Airport is still closed. I have couple of friends there. Since the Elections 25th September it is not safe as well as since 2 years ago Kurdistan was attacked but islamic terrorists and now you can see plenty business centers, that were under constraction, but they will never be completed because the owners left all since then, they left their businesses uncompleted. Yes, Kurdistan has it's own armed forces, which is nothing comparing to Baghdad. And Kurdish security, who kept my friends at gunpoint at 3 am just because 2 of us came there on visit. And those guys doesnt speek English, so it was absolutely emply to explain anything, until the police came. The one thing I can say is: don't trust emlpoyer, he/ she needs to have his/her business to be work and will never tell you all the truth. Just read internet news. Nobody knows what may happen in that area. Just remember: Iraq and Syria is near by!

Edited by Nick Plankin on March 11, 2018 @ 8:29 pmReply to this message by quoting it
Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 11, 2018 @ 8:45 pmReport this post as inappropriate#10

I understand your words and meaning Nick, but unfortunately we can't remove those jobs from Musicians Page just because they are (or may be) near dangerous areas. Our verification process is limited to verify that the job poster is legitimate and it is not a fraud, but we can't go over that.

You did the right thing to warn users about it, but it is actually not our responsibility to take further action on that.

Everyone knows what's going on in those areas, and everyone should make their own research to verify the current situation before to accept a job and eventually organize a trip there.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq on March 12, 2018 @ 12:50 pmReport this post as inappropriate#11

Yes, of cause I understand. Having experience of living in that area I would like to inform those applicants, so they would have a clue about what they are about to do. So, may you please give me an advice how can I spread this message so it can be seen by a wider audience on this site? Thank you so support.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 12, 2018 @ 2:19 pmReport this post as inappropriate#12

I think this post you made is the best way to do it. I see the applicants for that job are hidden from the public, so there is no way to contact them for you (due to privacy issues).

I think this post can be viewed by those applicants if they follow Musicians page, even more if they subscribed to this forum (Music Opportunities). Most of our users are subscribed to this forum, so they'll probably see this post.

Thank you again.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 15, 2018 @ 1:33 pmReport this post as inappropriate#13
by Anfisa Vitali Anfisa Vitali is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Dear ,Nick.

I used to work in Erbil for 3 and half years. I know the situation is change and is difficult to reach this area without airport. But the problem is who is employer and if you get your money. You can ask me if you need more information.

On March 12, 2018 Nick Plankin wrote:

Yes, of cause I understand. Having experience of living in that area I would like to inform those applicants, so they would have a clue about what they are about to do. So, may you please give me an advice how can I spread this message so it can be seen by a wider audience on this site? Thank you so support.

Re: Attention! Work in Iraq posted by Nick Plankin posted by Nick Plan on March 19, 2018 @ 10:26 amReport this post as inappropriate#14

On March 15, 2018 Anfisa Vitali wrote:

Dear ,Nick.

I used to work in Erbil for 3 and half years. I know the situation is change and is difficult to reach this area without airport. But the problem is who is employer and if you get your money. You can ask me if you need more information.

On March 15, 2018 Anfisa Vitali wrote:

This is not just about money, this is about safety. Erbil is exactly that kind of place, that makes you think wider than just about green pieces of paper.

Post a Reply